- Eli -

Default FM Transmitter for MP3 Player

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has owned an FM transmitter. I am looking for
one to connect a CD/MP3 player and then transmit the signal across some
frequency so I can listen to it in the car. I've seen some products (like
TuneCast) but the reviews seem to indicate that the sound quality is not
that good. If it sounds as good as sound from the radio, I guess that is
okay.

Do you have any suggestions for a good FM transmitter?

Thank you.

- Eli -

Hi. That's the good idea, but I have no experience with audio wiring. Are
there instructions available on the Internet to show me how to do this? The
car is an old Toyota Corolla and the antenna is right above the driver, on
the left of the roof.

- Eli

"- Eli -" wrote in message
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has owned an FM transmitter. I am looking

for
one to connect a CD/MP3 player and then transmit the signal across some
frequency so I can listen to it in the car. I've seen some products

(like
TuneCast) but the reviews seem to indicate that the sound quality is not
that good. If it sounds as good as sound from the radio, I guess that is
okay.

Do you have any suggestions for a good FM transmitter?

Thank you.

- Eli -

I see. Do you know a site where they sell this adapter?

I don't even know what a "head unit" is - I did some reading and figured
it's the thingy with the radio buttons and such. Is it easy to open up?
I've never done this and I'm unsure and afraid I might break something.

- Eli

"Scott Gardner" wrote in message
It's pretty straightforward. The connections are made at the back of the
head unit. You unplug the car's antenna from the head unit, plug the
adaptor in its place, and the re-plug the car's antenna into the adaptor.
As long as you can get to the back of your head unit, you should be in

good
shape.

Scott Gardner

"- Eli -" wrote in message
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has owned an FM transmitter. I am

looking
for
one to connect a CD/MP3 player and then transmit the signal across

some
frequency so I can listen to it in the car. I've seen some products

(like
TuneCast) but the reviews seem to indicate that the sound quality is
not that good. If it sounds as good as sound from the radio, I guess
that is okay.

Do you have any suggestions for a good FM transmitter?

Thank you.

Matthew Weigel

In article ,
"- Eli -" wrote:

I see. Do you know a site where they sell this adapter?

I don't even know what a "head unit" is - I did some reading and figured
it's the thingy with the radio buttons and such. Is it easy to open up?
I've never done this and I'm unsure and afraid I might break something.

Take a look at www.crutchfield.com.

I'm pretty sure they sell that kind of adapter, and they also sell
how-to packets particular to make and model.

--
Matthew Weigel
the email address is real
ReEfErMaDnEsS

it's very simple ......try ebay, they are the cheapest

the install is easy

pull out the radio, just take your time and go slow.....there should be a
red and a black wire running into the head unit, red is power, black is
ground, there also may be a blue lead from the radio, you can use this for
power as well....there *should* be red and black, if there isn't you're in
trouble

I bet if you try a local shop they'll install one for $40, part included, it
might take them 40 minutes , likely less