Gravity

Default Wondering where your order is?

My favourite is when you call like 20 times before you get somebody that
even speaks and understands English.

True story... I bought a Linksys router for my computers to share my
internet and there was a problem with it. I called... no joke, 17 times
before I got somebody that even knew what I was talking about. At about call
15 I was very ****ed off... so I let this guy have it. I told him exactly
how I felt, this made him cry. After call 17 I gave up. I demanded to speak
to the supervisor, but he was always busy (gee I wonder why).

I can completely understand the need for multi-ligual operators... but when
I push the English option in the menu... I demand an English operator. Not
some guy speaking Chinese to me.

:-D I just cut the cheese!
"Quigmeister Quigolator Quiganology" wrote in
message ...
If you knew this business from the inside, you'd positively marvel at how

many
companies manage to stay in business DESPITE their own employees.

(unfortunately, the following scenario plays out all the time)
A customer ordered a vehicle specific subwoofer enclosure from us.
We placed the order with the manufacturer the same day we got the order.

It's not unusual for custom orders to arrive between 10 and 20 days after
placing them.

Since it's virtually impossible to call intelligent life forms to the

telephone
at most companies, at 3 weeks I faxed this manufacturer a request, as in "
please advise of the status of order # ****, placed on such and such a

date,
for part # *****,
including, of course, our phone and fax contact # as well our account #

Another week goes by. They don't even bother to acknowledge the fax.

By this point our customer is understandably upset.

I call in a futile attempt to reach a responsible party at the

manufacturer.
Instead, I get:
"I don't show ANY orders from your company since March"
(we order from them on average 3 times a week, every week)

"Well, here's the PO#, the part #, the order date. It's obvious you

dropped
the ball. I need this part rushed out before I lose my customer"

"Oh, well we can't do that. You'll have to place the order again if you

want
it"

"Let me speak to your supervisor, please"
( I got as far as voice mail)

Several hours later we finally get return phone call.
"oh, you ordered GRAY. The correct color is CHARCOAL. We don't make

gray,
so we just never entered your order. You'll have to place the order again

if
you want it"

Can you believe it? A month and 4 contacts to find out it's charcoal, not
gray.
You'll have to take my word that I do a fair volume with this company, and

that
I pay my bills with them very promptly, and they can't bother FOR A

FREAKIN
MONTH TO EVEN TELL ME THEY WON'T BE SHIPPING MY ORDER.

So, when I see complaints in this group about net merchants 'screwing'

their
customers, I always wonder what the real story is. Sure, EVERYONE drops

the
ball themselves once in a while, but the level of incompetence in this

industry
is pandemic.

I don't know if many other dealers frequent this group, but I'll bet those

that
do have 100 stories to tell like the one I just told .

www.MAINSTREET-AUDIO.com
~ ~ ~ Where SERVICE never goes out of style ~ ~ ~

V I S I T O U R F O R U M
http://63.74.14.174/forum/phpBB2/index.php