Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Reynolds[_2_] James Reynolds[_2_] is offline

Default Seeking solution for the ganging of long throw Master L/R faders

Hi Group.

I am seeking a solution for the ganging of my long throw Master L/R faders - I think they are P&G (on a TAC Magnum).

Sometimes when pulling fades I hear the sound taper off to one side or the other near the very end. I've seen hardware cover caps that can cover two faders to gang them physically - but it was many years ago and I cannot find anything like that around now.

I've looked at other solutions like maybe installing a L/R fader with only one stem, but sometimes it is nice to be able to quickly lower or raise one side only.

I think the best solution is a physical cap of some sort. Does any one else have this problem and if so, what do you do for a workaround?

Anyone know where to buy a cap like this?

Thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

James Reynolds wrote:

Sometimes when pulling fades I hear the sound taper off to one side or the other near the very end. I've seen hardware cover caps that can cover two faders to gang them physically - but it was many years ago and I cannot find anything like that around now.

I think the best solution is a physical cap of some sort. Does any one else have this problem and if so, what do you do for a workaround?

Some people use a pencil or a piece of dowel. I have a really nice tiebar
that I whittled out of wood with a pocketknife.

You could probably make one with a 3-D printer too.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

In message ,
James Reynolds writes

https://www.canford.co.uk/CANFORD-FADER-BRIDGES
--
Bill

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
James Reynolds[_2_] James Reynolds[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Canford units look exactly like what I want but I don't think they will fit my ALPS fader knobs (I checked and I have ALPS and not P&G).

Anyone know of a similar model for the ALPS profile?

vpg
Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

I have a square hole driller (sort of) attachment for my drill press that would work, or even a scroll saw, or a Dremel. Any of those would make quick work of cutting out the rectangles from a piece of acrylic, PVC, or even 1/8" plywood.

And yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about - my old Ramsa mixer had a clear plastic piece like that.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 19/02/2019 7:01 PM, nickbatz wrote:
I have a square hole driller (sort of) attachment for my drill press that would work, or even a scroll saw, or a Dremel. Any of those would make quick work of cutting out the rectangles from a piece of acrylic, PVC, or even 1/8" plywood.

And yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about - my old Ramsa mixer had a clear plastic piece like that.

Blue-tack maybe ?

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

James Reynolds wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions.

The Canford units look exactly like what I want but I don't think they will fit my ALPS fader knobs (I checked and I have ALPS and not P&G).

It's worse than that, different consoles may have different spacing between
channels even if they use the same faders. And some of them (most notably
API) may have console-specific knobs.

Anyone know of a similar model for the ALPS profile?

Do it custom, it isn't hard.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 20/02/2019 5:21 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
James Reynolds wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions.

The Canford units look exactly like what I want but I don't think they will fit my ALPS fader knobs (I checked and I have ALPS and not P&G).

It's worse than that, different consoles may have different spacing between
channels even if they use the same faders. And some of them (most notably
API) may have console-specific knobs.

Anyone know of a similar model for the ALPS profile?

Do it custom, it isn't hard.
--scott

Toothbrush handle (or other plastic shaft) and a dremel could work
something up and not look to amateur ...

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2/19/2019 1:58 PM, geoff wrote:
Toothbrush handle (or other plastic shaft) and a dremel could work
something up and not look to amateur ...

Broken-off piece of a wood pencil tied to the fader knobs with a rubber
band. Sometimes something that looks too amateur impresses the visitors
more. And it works.