Posted to rec.audio.tubes
powerdoc powerdoc is offline

Default Jolida SJ 502a service manual

I have one of these coming to me possibly damaged electrically. I have
a copy of the schematic that floats around the web but it doesn't have
any voltage notations on it. Is there a copy of the service manual
that is around to purchase? I haven't tried Jolida yet; thought I'd
try the cheap route first.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phread Phread is offline

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message oups.com...

powerdoc wrote:
I have one of these coming to me possibly damaged electrically. I have
a copy of the schematic that floats around the web but it doesn't have
any voltage notations on it. Is there a copy of the service manual
that is around to purchase? I haven't tried Jolida yet; thought I'd
try the cheap route first.

Don't count on an 'official' service manual or schematic to include voltages.
A lot of them don't, these days. They expect the literature will be used
by experienced techs who will know what voltages they should expect
when they look at the circuit diagram, or can get them by comparing a
working channel with one that's not.

Nope, you should call Jolida. If i did have one I'd keep mum, figuring
you can pay your dues like everyone else. However, I doubt there even
IS one. Ad hoc containerload buying at its best.

Not sure what you mean by that, Bret. There was an article in Forbes
magazine a while back about Jolida's problems with quality control at the
Chinese factory that builds their stuff, but the Chinese build it, they don't
design it. The Chinese engineers I've dealt with aren't capable of
sophisticated design. They also appear not to know how to operate their
Audio One test sets - I've never been able to correlate my measurements
with the 'Audio One' badged printouts they've provided me (their numbers
are always better than mine, go figure ;-).

The only way to get decent quality out of the Chinese is to have your own
people on site. And they HAVE to speak the local language or they will be
ignored and worse. Jolida has done exactly that, according to Forbes,
and their QC has greatly improved as a result. I do consulting work for
two companies that have also done that, with similar results in the quality
of their products. But the 'Audio One' printouts I get are still bull****.

Fred

Wanted service manual for Denon DCD-1560 or DCD-1520 audionirvana Pro Audio 0 February 27th 06 06:27 AM
Looking for Nakamichi TA-2E/2A Service Manual Pawel W General 0 November 21st 05 09:30 PM
Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Need service manual for VECTOR RESEARCH VR-2500 stereo receiver tungarbulb Tech 0 September 19th 05 02:06 AM
FS: Manual and Service Manual copies MrMarksMusic Audio Opinions 0 October 29th 04 10:31 PM