Posted to rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Ramon F Herrera Ramon F Herrera is offline

Default What will be the status of Adobe Audition... in the year 2017?

This post was not the spectacular success I expected it to be... :-(

After working for months trying to track down this info, the response is
less than overwhelming.

-Ramon

On 2/27/2015 12:27 PM, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

What will be the status of Adobe Audition... in the year 2017?

I happen to know from a *really* good source. I am dead serious.

The researchers are done with this part:

(1) This is the Theory (boring for some, climaxing for others):

http://patriot.net/~ramon/misc/About...e-Business.pdf

Note: That PDF file contains audio clips; therefore, in order to listen
to them, you must download the file.

(2) This is the Practice:

(before you click, take a seat and be ready to have your socks blown off):

http://web.engr.illinois.edu/~paris/...user-guide.mp4

... and now the implementation for production -so the rest of us mere
mortal can enjoy it- is being worked on in the Adobe HQ. They estimate
it will take them a couple years.

Moral of the story: Don't stick to your crappy older versions!

-Ramon

Posted to rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Ramon F Herrera wrote:

This post was not the spectacular success I expected it to be... :-(

After working for months trying to track down this info, the response is
less than overwhelming.

Well, there has been a lot of work going on about source decomposition.
And... I am sure some people would find it useful... it's exactly the kind
of thing JackA would love... but I don't see it making my life any better.

Now... the ability to remove reverberation blindly, THAT could make my life
better. And it's in a similar category of problem, being solved in a similar
way.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 11:10:13 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ramon F Herrera wrote:

This post was not the spectacular success I expected it to be... :-(

After working for months trying to track down this info, the response is
less than overwhelming.

Well, there has been a lot of work going on about source decomposition.
And... I am sure some people would find it useful... it's exactly the kind
of thing JackA would love... but I don't see it making my life any better..

Now... the ability to remove reverberation blindly, THAT could make my life
better. And it's in a similar category of problem, being solved in a similar
way.

I'd like to hear a sample of that!

But, no, being a novice, I have more than enough software to do what I want to do. One of the most difficult is remixing tracks (greater than 3-4) to sound like the original mix, then add a little bit of my own originality. This was typical of Sony Mastersound CDs, they were remixed, like Billy Joel's, opening the stereo a tad. There was nothing "Master" about them (at least Billy's). When I found Billy's multis, the sky is the limit expanding the stereo. Why I frowned with track mixing (about the '70's), with near monophonic sound.

When mixing in Audacity, I'd get the mix sounding right, but I'd use its Amplify control to reduce all the track amplitudes simultaneously (rather than tailor each one individually) to stay from pegging the VUs. One time I went too far and ended up mixing noise!

One thing I'd really like is an easy way to pan drums, especially floor tom-toms, when only a monophonic drum track(s) are available. It would involved creating new tracks, but on these multis, that is what I'd find, just little blurbs on a track or two. That tells me to move them to the far left or right from current position.

Thanks, Scott.

Best,
Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Gray_Wolf Gray_Wolf is offline

On Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:06:40 -0600, Les Cargill
wrote:

(Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Now... the ability to remove reverberation blindly, THAT could make my life
better. And it's in a similar category of problem, being solved in a similar
way.
--scott

I use this thing called "close miking". YMMV

That's what I want! I much prefer the sound of a sweet, sultry female
singing in my ear than to listen her singing from somewhere deep in in
a large cavern. :-) I have some well done recordings that I would
prefer had less reverb.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Randy Yates[_2_] Randy Yates[_2_] is offline

Ramon F Herrera writes:

This post was not the spectacular success I expected it to be... :-(

After working for months trying to track down this info, the response
is less than overwhelming.

Ramon,

I suggest you stop blaming others and stop expecting others to do your
work for you. I have found those attitudes and behaviors to be
unfruitful.

--Randy

--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 12:11:47 AM UTC-5, Randy Yates wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) writes:

Ramon F Herrera wrote:

This post was not the spectacular success I expected it to be... :-(

After working for months trying to track down this info, the response is
less than overwhelming.

Well, there has been a lot of work going on about source decomposition.
And... I am sure some people would find it useful... it's exactly the kind
of thing JackA would love... but I don't see it making my life any better.

Now... the ability to remove reverberation blindly, THAT could make my life
better. And it's in a similar category of problem, being solved in a similar
way.
--scott

scott,

Good to see you post again. As always, an intelligent response.

Yeah, Randy, I'm trying to teach Scott the facts of life about Pop recordings. Can't say I'll make him a belier, but some old horses can't be lead to drinking water!

Other related areas are Independent Component Analysis and Blind Source
Separation.

Since Adobe enjoys cluttering peoples HDDs w/ unwanted software, do you really think they'll offer cell phone subscriptions soon?!

Can't even author decent audio software, have to steal from others. Yeah.

Jack
--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 06/03/2015 15:49, JackA wrote:
On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 12:11:47 AM UTC-5, Randy Yates wrote:
Good to see you post again. As always, an intelligent response.

Yeah, Randy, I'm trying to teach Scott the facts of life about Pop recordings. Can't say I'll make him a belier, but some old horses can't be lead to drinking water!

Scott's forgotten more about sound recording than you ever knew.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 11:42:59 AM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 06/03/2015 15:49, JackA wrote:
On Friday, March 6, 2015 at 12:11:47 AM UTC-5, Randy Yates wrote:
Good to see you post again. As always, an intelligent response.

Yeah, Randy, I'm trying to teach Scott the facts of life about Pop recordings. Can't say I'll make him a belier, but some old horses can't be lead to drinking water!

Scott's forgotten more about sound recording than you ever knew.

Scott is probably best known for his cold solder joints, than he is for his cold-hard-fact "music" knowledge!!

I've ran across many like Scott before and I'll probably run across many more!!

Behave, John, I was just beginning to like you!!

Jack

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

петак, 06. март 2015. 17.42.59 UTC+1, John Williamson је написао/ла:

Scott's forgotten more about sound recording than you ever knew.

And he forgot almost nothing, for the ssame equation.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

John Williamson wrote:

Scott's forgotten more about sound recording than you ever knew.

So there was this forum about dance, see, and all of a sudden a brick
began posting to it

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
Posted to rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp

On 3/5/2015 11:10 PM, Randy Yates wrote:
Ramon F Herrera writes:

This post was not the spectacular success I expected it to be... :-(

After working for months trying to track down this info, the response
is less than overwhelming.

Ramon,

I suggest you stop blaming others and stop expecting others to do your
work for you. I have found those attitudes and behaviors to be
unfruitful.

--Randy

Hi Randy:

You just suggested that next time I research some topic for months and
post an announcement about it, I should also write all the responses to
my own post.

It is a very unusual recommendation, to say the least.

-Ramon

Posted to rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp

Ramon F Herrera writes:

This post was not the spectacular success I expected it to be... :-(

After working for months trying to track down this info, the response
is less than overwhelming.

Ramon,

I suggest you stop blaming others and stop expecting others to do your
work for you. I have found those attitudes and behaviors to be
unfruitful.

--Randy

Hi Randy:

You just suggested that next time I research some topic for months and
post an announcement about it, I should also write all the responses
to my own post.

It is a very unusual recommendation, to say the least.

-Ramon

You are either self-centered or in denial, so that you either cannot see
or won't admit to your bad attitude.

Hint: Nobody owes you ANYTHING for free.
--
Randy Yates
Digital Signal Labs
http://www.digitalsignallabs.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro,comp.dsp
Ramon F Herrera[_2_] Ramon F Herrera[_2_] is offline

On 3/10/2015 12:56 PM, Randy Yates wrote:
You are either self-centered or in denial, so that you either cannot see
or won't admit to your bad attitude.

Hint: Nobody owes you ANYTHING for free.

Esteemed Randy:

Have you read my 2 posts? I do not think you have followed this thread.

Fact 1: I was very curious about sound analysis, became fascinated.
Spent weeks trying to track down paper authors all over the world.

Fact 2: Finally, I stroke gold! Paris Smaragdis responded to one of my
multiple e-mails and told me that his creation would be available in
about 2 years.

Fact 3: Being a lonely geek (my job is unrelated to audio) I decided to
announce the big news in rec.audio.pro, expecting at least ONE reply to
my post. (Per your suggestion I would have to pay you guys to
acknowledge my post? Again: That is rather unusual, to say the least.)

Fact 4: Several days later, the post was still awaiting comments,
anything, so I made a little noise. As expected, the thread became
alive. I must have done something right.

Can you explain your version? As the cold, logical, precise, analytical
person that we know you to be.

-Ramon

ps: Respect to the accusation of self-centered, you've got one right. I
am guilty as charged, it's my curse: Hey, nobody is perfect. :-(

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Luxey Luxey is offline

I think your original post is actually double posted. I remember seeing it couple of weeks sgo, and it received some comments.

IMO, the thing is amazing, before you start noticing artefacts.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ramon F Herrera Ramon F Herrera is offline

On 3/11/2015 12:08 PM, Luxey wrote:
I think your original post is actually double posted. I remember seeing it couple of weeks ago, and it received some comments.

IMO, the thing is amazing, before you start noticing artifacts.

That is all I am asking for, Luxey! You made my day. Paris tells me that
they are working in those details over at Adobe Research.

I was reading a book chapter and it turns out that out of *all*
applications of DSP, audio is the hardest one. Give or take.

Interestingly, the year 2017 will bring another upcoming featu On
Thursday, October 26, 2017 the remaining documents about the murder of
president Kennedy will be released.

http://jfkfacts.org/assassination/ne...-2017-release/

Funny how I became fascinated by audio processing coming from the "JFK
Buff" field. Talk about tough, impossible to solve problems! :-)

Best regards,

-Ramon

What is the status of Adobe Audition? Les Cargill[_4_] Pro Audio 34 March 2nd 15 05:07 PM
Adobe Audition 2.0 mc Pro Audio 25 January 23rd 06 12:35 AM
adobe audition greggery peccary Pro Audio 2 February 28th 05 02:02 AM
Adobe Audition Help Please!!!!!!!!! [email protected] Pro Audio 8 October 3rd 04 01:00 AM
Help with Adobe Audition burke Pro Audio 1 October 11th 03 02:38 AM