Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

On 27-09-2017 04:22, Trevor wrote:

On 27/09/2017 3:09 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 11:20:48 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.

Yes I have one RX1202Fx with the same problem with this video .. and I
have a freind with other same problem

For those of us who don't want to watch a video, what problem are you
referring to? Bad caps in power supply seems to be the most common
problem. Is that it?

Inbuilt verb unit had failed in one I bought cheaply for my then dayjob,
verb not required for conference audio and it fitted neatly into
available space in the rack closet and does what it needs doing.

Trevor.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] iceburgh746@gmail.com is offline

They are all the same. Very noisy mixers. I was trying to use one for a ham radio input, but it had more noise than a Lexicon Alpha usb mixer. Not recomended for pro audio recording. Fine for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 6/12/2017 9:24 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 11:32:49 -0800 (PST), wrote:

They are all the same. Very noisy mixers. I was trying to use one for a ham radio input, but it had more noise than a Lexicon Alpha usb mixer. Not recomended for pro audio recording. Fine for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

I've had two, and both have been extremely quiet. As good as anything
on the market.

---

Likewise. And reasonably solidly-built for good measure, given the
market-segment they occupy. Sure, there are better mixers out there in
most respects, at a price.

I can't imagine than anything could be too noisy wrt ham radio ! And
equally I would expect a good quiet mixer for DJ or live purposes.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

wrote:
They are all the same. Very noisy mixers. I was trying to use
one for a ham radio input, but it had more noise than a Lexicon
Alpha usb mixer. Not recomended for pro audio recording. Fine
for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

I've had two, and both have been extremely quiet. As good as
anything on the market.

I have used many. None of them was "very noisy".

Likewise. And reasonably solidly-built for good measure,

Well I wouldn't go that far. Something has to give to keep the cost
down, and with Behringer it's almost always the build quality.

given the market-segment they occupy.

Well yes, there aren't many better options at the same price, if any.

Sure, there are better mixers out there in most respects, at a
price.

As you should expect. There are however even worse mixers at the same
price or more.

I have not used any of the Behringer consoles but I can say that
many manufacturers have had good and bad products for different
markets at different price points.

Yes, but circuits in most of the Behringer consoles are similar or
identical, as is the performance in most cases, with a few exceptions.
None are terrible IME, BUT the number of users who have NO idea about
gain staging IS a problem. :-(
I'll bet the OP falls into that category.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen Man from Mars wrote:

-----------------------------------

Fine for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

No no no no no and utter NO, in that very context signal to noise ratio
is extremely important,

** Calm down Pete, you are raving like some usenet / social media nutter.

you do not get away with noisy electronics in
live audio,

** Of course you do.

Crowd noise in venue where alcohol is served can exceed 90dBA.

But maybe not on planet Mars where you live.

..... Phil
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article , Trevor wrote:
None are terrible IME, BUT the number of users who have NO idea about
gain staging IS a problem. :-(
I'll bet the OP falls into that category.

Well, that's the nice thing about better consoles, you don't have to be so
careful about gain staging. On an old Neve, you just pot everything more
or less up in the right ballpark and it sounds fine. It's not like working
on a Mackie where you have to juggle the trims and the mains because the
trims change the tonality and you have to keep a constant eye on the buss
levels (and mute unused channels). On a good console you can spend your
time worrying about how the music sounds and less time babying the gain
structure on each strip.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 07-12-2017 01:50, Phil Allison wrote:

Peter Larsen Man from Mars wrote:

Fine for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

No no no no no and utter NO, in that very context signal to noise ratio
is extremely important,

** Calm down Pete, you are raving like some usenet / social media nutter.

Hey, I resent that, I didn't ALLCAP, right? ... O;-)

you do not get away with noisy electronics in
live audio,

** Of course you do.

Crowd noise in venue where alcohol is served can exceed 90dBA.

Not all live audio takes place in bars with drunk audiences. And if it
does, then listener to loudspeaker distance is tinnitussaly short
causing electronics noise to be very audible even for those of modest
sobriety. But perhaps not after the guitar solo ...

But maybe not on planet Mars where you live.

Nice to hear from you anyway, have a nice day Phil!

..... Phil

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:

-------------------------

Peter Larsen Man from Mars wrote:

--------------------------------

Fine for d j or live mixes where the crowd volume is high.

No no no no no and utter NO, in that very context signal to noise ratio
is extremely important,

** Calm down Pete, you are raving like some usenet / social media nutter.

Hey, I resent that, I didn't ALLCAP, right? ... O;-)

** Thank god for small mercies ........

you do not get away with noisy electronics in
live audio,

** Of course you do.

Crowd noise in venue where alcohol is served can exceed 90dBA.

Not all live audio takes place in bars with drunk audiences.

** FFS imbecile READ the ACTUAL comment you are replying to !!!!

See the words ".... crowd volume is high" ?????

( snipe pile of dumb ****e)

But maybe not on planet Mars where you live.

Nice to hear from you anyway,

** Your giant dish antenna works well ....

..... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 7/12/2017 12:16 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Trevor wrote:
None are terrible IME, BUT the number of users who have NO idea about
gain staging IS a problem. :-(
I'll bet the OP falls into that category.

Well, that's the nice thing about better consoles, you don't have to be so
careful about gain staging. On an old Neve, you just pot everything more
or less up in the right ballpark and it sounds fine. It's not like working
on a Mackie where you have to juggle the trims and the mains because the
trims change the tonality and you have to keep a constant eye on the buss
levels (and mute unused channels). On a good console you can spend your
time worrying about how the music sounds and less time babying the gain
structure on each strip.

Thanks for the laugh Scott, comparing a Behringer to a Neve! I would be
very happy if 'babying the gain" was all I needed to do for the same
level of performance! :-)
But you are right about the old Mackies, a lot more critical than
Behringer IME, and dearer to boot.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rmirabelle@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 2:20:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.

XR18 Air - TWO dead channels!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 9/9/2018 1:50 PM, John Williamson wrote:
Witness the way this poster is replying to a five year old post...

I did, but people have been posting about their "problems" with
Behringer gear since the 1990s, and will continue to do so. It doesn't
matter that the mixer in the video is a completely different animal than
the one in this week's post. No matter - Behringer has always sold their
gear as "professional" and some professionals even use a piece here and
there. And the more they sell, the more failures there will be for
people to post about, usually with the tone of "I knew I shouldn't have
bought this, so you'd better not buy one."

I'm sure that somewhere in the world there's someone else who has had
two channels fail on an X-18 mixer. If they're smart, they'll get it
fixed and move on. Behringer has pretty good warranty coverage as long
as you can get the box to them.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

wrote in message

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 2:20:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.

XR18 Air - TWO dead channels!

**********************

If they are 2 adjacent channels, it could be they share a dual op-amp or a
A/D converter which has broken.

It could even be the operator who did something stupid like plug am amp
output into an input, and then comes on here complaining that something
broke.
Or switched on a software Insert and didn't assign anything to it, but is
not capable of working that out.

Whatever, you get a lot of product for very little money with these kind of
things, often including a 3 year warranty.

But people still complain because they break occasionally, like a Neve or
SSL does too.

There is no pleasing some folk.
Particularly the clueless.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 10/09/2018 4:26 am, Gareth Magennis wrote:
If they are 2 adjacent channels, it could be they share a dual op-amp or
a A/D converter which has broken.

It could even be the operator who did something stupid like plug am amp
output into an input, and then comes on here complaining that something
broke.
Or switched on a software Insert and didn't assign anything to it, but
is not capable of working that out.

Whatever,Â* you get a lot of product for very little money with these
kind of things, often including a 3 year warranty.

But people still complain because they break occasionally, like a Neve
or SSL does too.

There is no pleasing some folk.
Particularly the clueless.

Agreed. I've seen plenty of Behringer failures over the years. Some due
to mis-treatment by operators, but a lot due to cost cutting on
Behringers part. However considering what you get for the money you
spend, I still think Behringer has created a low cost semi-pro market
segment they lead by a mile. But if you can afford Midas, they own that
now too. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

John Williamson wrote: "Witness the way this poster is replying to a five year old post..."

Objection your honor! Deflection, vague, of
little substance. Witness the way this poster
switches topic of discussion to age of original
post when he disagrees on certain points.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
None None is offline

Notorious retarded dumb-**** Theckhhhmaaah flatulated in message

John Williamson wrote: "Witness the way this poster is replying to a five
year old post..."

Objection your honor! Deflection, vague, of
little substance. Witness the way this poster
switches topic of discussion to age of original
post when he disagrees on certain points.

See how a retarded dumb-**** trolls.

Did you get banned from another moderated forum, li'l buddy? Did they make
you put on your hockey helmet and board the short bus for a quick trip out
of there? SBDF. ALKNF. FCKWAFA!

"I'm an audio guy!" -- Well-known audio moron and short-bus dumb-****
Theckkkkhhhhmaaaah Go Sickie.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 9/9/2018 10:53 PM, Trevor wrote:
I still think Behringer has created a low cost semi-pro market segment
they lead by a mile. But if you can afford Midas, they own that now too.

I asked a tech person from Behringer about the differences between the
Behringer X32 console and the Midas version, and what he described were
differences in some component choices, primarily the faders and encoders
- parts that are subject to mechanical wear in normal operation. The
Behringer version was introduced as a studio console, with the
recognition that there would be plenty of them used for low budget live
sound. The Midas version was introduced as a live sound console,
understanding that some would use it as a lower budget studio console.

Knowing that, on the average, there's less knob turning per work hour in
the studio than in live work, and overall less wear-and-tear on external
connectors, they beefed up those parts in the Midas. But the circuit
boards and (mostly) the software is the same in both because those have
more predictable reliability.

Behringer understands their market. The problem is that some of their
market doesn't understand Behringer, not realizing that there's a
tradeoff between price and quality, and some may be affected by that
more than others.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 10/09/2018 11:18 pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
Behringer understands their market. The problem is that some of their
market doesn't understand Behringer, not realizing that there's a
tradeoff between price and quality, and some may be affected by that
more than others.

Yep, that about sums it up. You can't please everyone, but their
business model seems to be working for them.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ericdimmack@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 7:20:48 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.

Hey guys, just a slightly unrelated question. I have a BEHRINGER EURODESK SL3242FX-PRO, and when i plugin power, via IEC, after about 15-20 mins of power, the console begins to repeatedly turn off, and back on again. I can't tell wether this is the input which is broken, or something in the circuitry.
Its definitely not the cable.
Cheers
Eric
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 02:56:12 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Sunday, July 28, 2013 at 7:20:48 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddwGDdhTdY
please post.

Hey guys, just a slightly unrelated question. I have a BEHRINGER EURODESK SL3242FX-PRO, and when i plugin power, via IEC, after about 15-20 mins of power, the console begins to repeatedly turn off, and back on again. I can't tell wether this is the input which is broken, or something in the circuitry.
Its definitely not the cable.
Cheers
Eric

Behringer mixes use a switched-mode power supply containing
electrolytic capacitors that eventually fail from time and
temperature. The power supply is easily replaced if you don't feel up
to diagnosing the bad electrolytic.

---

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

Hey guys, just a slightly unrelated question. I have a BEHRINGER EURODESK S=
L3242FX-PRO, and when i plugin power, via IEC, after about 15-20 mins of po=
wer, the console begins to repeatedly turn off, and back on again. I can't =
tell wether this is the input which is broken, or something in the circuitr=
y.=20
Its definitely not the cable.

This is likely a bad electrolytic which is leaking current and causing the
power supply to shut down. Actually, it's more likely to be a bunch of them.
The original caps are kind of cheap and the power supply is kind of marginal
so my inclination is to just shotgun out all the decoupling caps on stuff
like this. If you just replace the most leaky caps it'll be fine but then
six months later you'll have to pull it apart again.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 25/09/2018 2:57 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:

Hey guys, just a slightly unrelated question. I have a BEHRINGER EURODESK S=
L3242FX-PRO, and when i plugin power, via IEC, after about 15-20 mins of po=
wer, the console begins to repeatedly turn off, and back on again. I can't =
tell wether this is the input which is broken, or something in the circuitr=
y.=20
Its definitely not the cable.

This is likely a bad electrolytic which is leaking current and causing the
power supply to shut down. Actually, it's more likely to be a bunch of them.
The original caps are kind of cheap and the power supply is kind of marginal
so my inclination is to just shotgun out all the decoupling caps on stuff
like this. If you just replace the most leaky caps it'll be fine but then
six months later you'll have to pull it apart again.
--scott

SMPSs seem to be a weak point on much equipment - low, medium, and even
some high-end gear.

Lucky your problem is intermittent, which means that if caused by leaky
electros, then other components (ie semiconductors) haven't been taken
out in sympathy, as they often are with a 'full' SPMS failure.

Do replace the electros with 105° temperature-rated and low ESR ones, if
they will physically fit.

geoff