Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jimmy[_8_] Jimmy[_8_] is offline

Default Replace plate load resistor with plate choke

HellO!
I've read posting on other forum and it draws my attention.

IS the DCR of the plate choke should be equal to the resistive value of the plate load resistor if considering replacing the resistor with the plate choke?

Example: if the current plate load resistor is 1000 ohm, should I use plate choke with DCR 1000 ohm??

A plate choke is a different impedance (reactance) at each frequency, increasing its value as frequency goes up.

Thanks!