Arthur Dunger

Default Shure M91ED Phono Cartridge Specs

Hi All,

I'm going to resurrect my old Shure M91ED phono cartridge. Surprisingly I
can't seem to find much technical info about it. I would be grateful if
someone could help me with:

- Recommended Load Capacitance
- Tracking Force (Range and Typical); IIRC 1.5g was OK

Any other snippets would be nice to know too eg. output level (mV @ 1kHz,
5cm/sec) and inductance.

Anyone know of a site which has database of cartridge info?

Thanks in advance for any help
Rob

Ron

'Old' is a good description. I bought one in the late 70's (anyone else
remember disco?).
But old can still be good. This is a great sounding cartridge. I also saved
the ORIGINAL instruction sheet which has been scanned and FTP'd to my web
site (under big construction). If the following lines don't show up as links
in this reply, just paste them into the address line of your browser. Right
click on each image and save them to your hard drive.

http://home.san.rr.com/cyberedge/Shure_M91ED_01.jpg
http://home.san.rr.com/cyberedge/Shure_M91ED_02.jpg

Happy listening,
-Ron
(email: replace 'abuse' with 'cyberguy3k')

"Arthur Dunger" wrote:
Hi All,

I'm going to resurrect my old Shure M91ED phono cartridge. Surprisingly I
can't seem to find much technical info about it. I would be grateful if
someone could help me with:

- Recommended Load Capacitance
- Tracking Force (Range and Typical); IIRC 1.5g was OK

Any other snippets would be nice to know too eg. output level (mV @ 1kHz,
5cm/sec) and inductance.

Anyone know of a site which has database of cartridge info?

Thanks in advance for any help
Rob

Arthur Dunger

Ron, that's fantastic, thank you very much indeed!

It's certainly old, it was given to me as a present when I as a teenager
(and that *was* the disco era). I'm actually going to transfer some even
older LP's to my computer - my parent's warm sounding 60's Chet Atkins LP's.

I also found an old Shure M44-7 kicking around. The specs for these are
still available. These things are apparently the standard DJ "scratch"
cartridge. From what I remember the M91ED was a far better cartridge.

Hope you have a happy new year.

Best Regards
Rob