JohnR66

Default Amp burn-in?

"hoarse with no name" wrote in message

If speaker break-in is dumb, is amp burn-in dumber? Or is there a
sensible explanation involving capacitors and such? I won't name the
brand, but I was reading customer reviews of a certain well regarded
model and most of the owners said that it took 30 days for this amp to
finish burning in and then it sounded great after that point. 30 days is
usually how long you get to return an item. So, does amp burn-in exist
and is it more necessary on certain models?

No, it is called amp burnout. If you take it out of the box. plug it in, and
it smokes, it has burned out. Back it up and take it back. : )
John