Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default Neocons and GDRBs to Iraqi Christians: Die.

((As you know I am not a Christian or any other kind of monotheist,
monotheism being essentially alien to the Faustian spirit of Europe's
highest peoples. Though, the Parisis-the last living Zoroastrians-with
their young women resembling well tanned young Elizabeth Taylors-have a
certain appeal. Anyway, simple human decency cries out against those who
**** with people who decently (key word here) practice their religion
anongst themselves and cause no trouble. The so called Christians sending
their money to sons of jizz-belching truckstop whores like John Hagee need
to be made to think. Bret.))

Christian neocons' silence on calamitous effect of democracy on Iraqi
Christians

Carol Iannone writes:

I was listening to EWTN's coverage of the papal visit with commentary
by Fr. John Neuhaus and others. Much of Neuhaus's commentary has been very
valuable, but at one point he kind of boasted that the leftish hope that
the pope would confront Bush on Iraq had been entirely displaced, and that
of course Benedict had evidently done no such thing in his meeting with the
president. But then one of the other commentators said, quite innocently,
that the real problem in Iraq was that Christians were being horribly
harassed and persecuted. Neuhaus had no answer to this and the
conversation just went on to another topic.

Why don't neoconservatives, especially those who are Christian, face
up to what is happening with the experience of "democracy" in Iraq?
Christians were actually better off under Saddam. To say that is not to
defend Saddam, but facts are facts. (And in Iran, Jews were better off
under the shah--women too.) Democracy in Iraq has opened up tribal and
religious animosities we have no idea how to assuage, and Iraqi Christians
have become the victims of our promotion of "universal values."
Neoconservatives should acknowledge this contradiction in their thought,
that spreading democracy in Muslim lands may be at the expense of
Christians. And they should at least stop glorifying our "success" in Iraq
whle Christians there have to live in fear or flee the country.

- end of initial entry -

LA writes:

Curious how, just as the Jewish neocons married themselves to
President Bush's insane Muslim democracy agenda, which among other things
handed Gaza to Hamas, and so gave up caring about Israel's security,
Catholic neocons in similar fashion are indifferent to how Muslim
democracy has been ruinous to Christians in Muslim lands. It seems that
any intellectual and moral life the neocons may once have had, has been
supplanted by a single, remorseless idee fixe: Bush and Democracy uber
alles."

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/010406.html

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/