Richard Galli

Default MP3 Input to Nissan Maxima Bose System ?

I have a 1998 (4th generation) Nissan Maxima with the Bose stereo, and don't
want to replace it. Especially because the diversity antenna system is too
good to give up.

Would like to know if there is a reasonable way to get MP3 function into the
system. There's no accessory port in the front, and as far as I know the
only accessory input in the rear is for a remote CD changer.

If anyone has a solution that provides reasonable sound quality and
convenience, please let me know.

--
Best wishes,

Richard Galli

We don't have thousands of books...
We have two books worth reading
http://www.gallicentral.com

Sign up for our newsletter
http://www.gallicentral.com/subscribe.htm

Goldfinger

"Richard Galli" wrote in message
I have a 1998 (4th generation) Nissan Maxima with the Bose stereo, and

don't
want to replace it. Especially because the diversity antenna system is too
good to give up.

Would like to know if there is a reasonable way to get MP3 function into

the
system. There's no accessory port in the front, and as far as I know the
only accessory input in the rear is for a remote CD changer.

If anyone has a solution that provides reasonable sound quality and
convenience, please let me know.

There's no easy way out. Your CD deck cannot decode MP3 so that means you
must have some sort of a line in from your rear CD changer. But you
probably can't operate your MP3 unit that's in your trunk from the cabin,
the remote probably won't work. Consider that some MP3 decks can be had for
like CND $250 with installation included. I don't think it make sense to go
through all these hassle just to save the factory CD deck.

Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti

"Richard Galli" wrote in message
I have a 1998 (4th generation) Nissan Maxima with the Bose stereo, and

don't
want to replace it. Especially because the diversity antenna system is too
good to give up.

Would like to know if there is a reasonable way to get MP3 function into

the
system. There's no accessory port in the front, and as far as I know the
only accessory input in the rear is for a remote CD changer.

I use a memorex personal mp3/cd player ($75) that I have the casette adapter
for.

Rich

You're really looking at two options here - get a MP3 standalone changer
that broadcasts over the FM band (these are pretty common), or just buy a
cheap MP3 gizmo with a cassette.
[...]

David Geesaman

Either of these will reduce output frequency range and lower sound quality.

I don't know what the diversity antenna system is (my Bose is a 97), but
aftermarket reception is excellent and some models have very advanced
features. All you need is a Scosche adapter to put a standard headunit on a
Bose system.

Dave

"Rich" wrote in message
[...]

Goldfinger

"David Geesaman" wrote in message
Either of these will reduce output frequency range and lower sound

quality.

I don't know what the diversity antenna system is (my Bose is a 97), but
aftermarket reception is excellent and some models have very advanced
features. All you need is a Scosche adapter to put a standard headunit on

Bose system.

Could you elaborate on the Scosche adapter please? I'm interested in what
you meant by putting a standard headunit on a Bose system. Thanks.

BeeP

Also, can such adapters be used to connect the stock bose headunit
with aftermarket speakers?
TIA.
Bob
95 SE Auto
89 SE Auto traded

"Goldfinger" wrote in message

"David Geesaman" wrote in message
Either of these will reduce output frequency range and lower sound

quality.

I don't know what the diversity antenna system is (my Bose is a

97), but
aftermarket reception is excellent and some models have very

features. All you need is a Scosche adapter to put a standard

headunit on
Bose system.

Could you elaborate on the Scosche adapter please? I'm interested

in what
you meant by putting a standard headunit on a Bose system. Thanks.

---