Cyrus

Default ADS separates - make a speaker box?

In article ,
sneed hurn wrote:

Hi, I have some ADS 300 2 way car stereo speakers from the mid 80's
I'd like to make some kind of enclosures for. I have tools, basic
woodworking skills and a shop so if someone is familiar with the
characteristics of this set and can recommend a rough plan I'd
appreciate it.

I'd recommend emailing ADS and trying to get your hands on the T/S
parameters. Once you have them, plug them into an applicable enclosure
program.

They have separate tweeters and separate adjustable cross over modules
so I'm not sure how/where to mount the components in relation to the
6in main speakers. Should they be ported at the front? Tweeters on the
outside of the box and the xovers screwed on the back? I know they're
not monitoring speakers etc, I'd just like something I can take on and
off the boat, RV easily. Thanks as always, s.

Ported or sealed depends on your experience/preference etc. Normally one
tosses the xo components inside the enclosure for a streamlined look.

I'd also recommend some recessed carrying handles to ease in transport.
As well as heavy duty grills for protection.

hth,

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*