Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default I need a new PA speaker

On 28-02-2017 02:10, Trevor wrote:
On 28/02/2017 1:52 AM, Nate Najar wrote:
I've had these tannoy v8's for a number of years now, and I love the
way they sound, but apparently I'm just too hard on them. I only run
an acoustic guitar, upright bass and a vocal through them, and the
bass is high passed and I'm using the amp dsp to protect them, but
they're still a bit fragile. So rather than these dual concentrics,
what's a conventional, passive box that would make sense for me? I
don't mind going up to a 10, but I don't want any larger, and I'd
prefer to stick with an 8, but I need something a little more durable
but still has a very smooth and natural sound. On the gig last night
I heard some distortion on the bass player's signal. I've had to
replace the drivers in the past. I think there are beyma drivers in
there now. Any suggestions on a conventional woofer/horn box?

Have to laugh at putting a bass through an 8" speaker and complaining
about distortion and durability! I would have added a sub woofer and
active EQ to that set up *before* I blew up the original Tannoy drivers.

+1

Trevor.