Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default OT - Humour

12 November 3, 1987: Knowing how much her kids loved "Star Wars,"

a naive Tipper Gore rushes home with a newly-bought "Luke

Skywalker and 2-Live Crew" CD.

11 August 16, 1969: At a party for her 11th birthday, Madonna

Louise Ciccone is strangely unfazed when Vinny Martello

stuffs two ice cream cones down the front of her dress.

10 July 18, 1966: "Let's let Ringo sing one. No harm in that,

is there?"

9 September 22, 1968: Baffled by audiences' lack of enthusiasm

about a deaf, dumb and blind shuffleboard champ, Pete

Townshend heads dejectedly down to the corner pub.

8 June 3, 1958: In an attempt to impress his piano teacher,

young Barry Manilow changes keys in the middle of his

rendition of "Heart & Soul" -- three times.

7 September 2, 1997: Lou Bega finishes "Mambo #4," decides his

symphony needs one more movement.

6 May 4, 1956: In Toronto, Neil Young's tonsillectomy causes no

damage to his larynx, thereby not robbing him of his voice.

5 August 12, 1986: "Congratulations Mr. Hanson -- it's another

boy!"

4 July 29, 1974: "Soup or sandwich today, Ms. Cass?"

3 November 8, 1980: Mark David Chapman can't quite scrounge

up $50 for shooting lessons. A month later, his attempted

assassination of Yoko Ono goes horribly awry.

2 September 6, 1977: Due to a misprint on his high school

schedule, Kenny G. attends "Sax Education" class.

and Topfive.com's Number 1 Dark Moment in Music History...

1 March 30, 1968: An alien craft leaves a baby on the doorstep

of the Dion farm just outside of Montreal, Canada.

The Top 12 Dark Moments in Music History

(Part II)

12 July 16, 1993: Shaquille O'Neal skips free-throw drills to

record his first rap album.

11 October 1, 1978: Michael Jackson takes in "Peter Pan" on

Broadway and thinks how cool it would be to look more

like Sandy Duncan.

10 January 6, 1995: Art Garfunkel gets three fewer hits than

David Crosby on eBay when "celebrity musician sperm" is

entered in the search box.

9 August 15, 1953: Future songwriter Jimmy Webb forgets his

slice of birthday cake outside. Moments later, it begins

to rain.

8 June 7, 1966: "Hey, chaps, I'd like you to meet my new

girlfriend, Yoko."

7 July 23, 1956: Colonel Tom Parker says to Elvis, "Boy, you're

nothin' but skin and bones. You better put on some weight,

or people are gonna think you're sick!"

6 October 31, 1975: At a costume party in Greenwich Village,

a soldier, an Indian, a biker, a construction worker, a cop

and a cowboy all decide, "This is too much fun to do just

once a year!"

5 November 17, 1984: "Don't worry, Mr. Dylan, the novocaine

will wear off *LONG* before your recording session."

4 September 8, 1949: In Bavaria, Richard Strauss dies.

September 8, 1949: In Greece, Milos Muzak is born.

3 May 21, 1971: In a meat-deprivation-fueled stupor, Paul

McCartney tells Linda: "Hey, Luv, why don't *you* play in

the band?"

2 Sept. 17, 1955: Young Michael Jagger gets his lips caught

in a Coke bottle for several hours.

and Topfive.com's Number 1 Dark Moment in Music History...

1 February 16, 1955: After 15 minutes of sitting in a boat

listening to "Go Back Home, You Obnoxious Little Foreign

Brats!", humorless Disneyland execs decide to look for

another composer for their new attraction.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rboy505@yahoo.com is offline

I guess that's what humor with the extra u is?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael R. Kesti Michael R. Kesti is offline

Geoff wrote:

12 November 3, 1987...
11 August 16, 1969...
10 July 18, 1966...
9 September 22, 1968...
8 June 3, 1958...
7 September 2, 1997...
6 May 4, 1956...
5 August 12, 1986...
4 July 29, 1974...
3 November 8, 1980...
2 September 6, 1977...
1 March 30, 1968...
(Part II)...
12 July 16, 1993...
11 October 1, 1978...
10 January 6, 1995...
9 August 15, 1953...
8 June 7, 1966...
7 July 23, 1956...
6 October 31, 1975...
5 November 17, 1984...
4 September 8, 1949...
3 May 21, 1971...
2 Sept. 17, 1955...
1 February 16, 1955...

January 23, 1970: My extremely straight-laced grandmother decides she
enjoys county music and purchases a copy of Country Joe McDonald's
"Greatest Hits" LP.

| two, one and one make one."
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

"Michael R. Kesti" wrote in
:

Geoff wrote:

[...]

1985: My nephew tells his grandmother than his favorite song is Def
Leppard's Rock of Ages. She is pleased that the younger generation has
discovered the good old hymns.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Willie K. Yee, MD Willie K. Yee, MD is offline

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:38:23 GMT, Carey Carlan
wrote:

"Michael R. Kesti" wrote in
:

Geoff wrote:

[...]

1956: My foster parents convince me to go with them to a concert by
some guy named "Pete Seeger" who was a folksinger. I asked what a
folksinger was, and they said "Sort of like Fats Domino."

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

"Willie K. Yee, MD" wrote in message

1956: My foster parents convince me to go with them to a concert by
some guy named "Pete Seeger" who was a folksinger. I asked what a
folksinger was, and they said "Sort of like Fats Domino."

I think both of them would appreciate that description.

1967: My mother is worried about the racist implications when the Doors, in
the hit "Light My Fire", sing "China set the night on fire".

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Paul Stamler wrote:
"Willie K. Yee, MD" wrote in message

1956: My foster parents convince me to go with them to a concert by
some guy named "Pete Seeger" who was a folksinger. I asked what a
folksinger was, and they said "Sort of like Fats Domino."

I think both of them would appreciate that description.

1967: My mother is worried about the racist implications when the
Doors, in the hit "Light My Fire", sing "China set the night on fire".

1997 - "Skiing when high is a great feeling " - Sonny Bono

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Lamp John Lamp is offline

Paul Stamler wrote:

"Willie K. Yee, MD" wrote in message

1956: My foster parents convince me to go with them to a concert by
some guy named "Pete Seeger" who was a folksinger. I asked what a
folksinger was, and they said "Sort of like Fats Domino."

I think both of them would appreciate that description.

1967: My mother is worried about the racist implications when the Doors, in
the hit "Light My Fire", sing "China set the night on fire".

1971: In an outrageous move to prove she could cope with modern music,
my mother visits many record shops looking for an LP called "Crosby
steals the nation's young" for my birthday.

Cheers
Goaty
--
_--_|\ John Lamp - in beautiful downtown Highton
/ \ meanderings. 2200-2400 Wednesday

"You know, if the internet was analogue with tubes, this stuff
wouldn't happen." - Sean S

Camilla Queen - semi OT humour Geoff Wood Pro Audio 17 April 25th 05 04:15 PM
OT Political Humour play-on Pro Audio 2 November 20th 04 10:22 PM
OT Political Humour play-on Pro Audio 0 November 20th 04 08:10 PM
OT Humour: "Chomsky" on Middle Earth Ross Matheson Vacuum Tubes 2 January 13th 04 08:41 AM