jack

Default circuit City

I'll be visiting a CC in the near future to buy a complete Alpine system.
Are their installers any good at their job ??

Steve B.

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:44:32 GMT, "jack"
wrote:

I'll be visiting a CC in the near future to buy a complete Alpine system.
Are their installers any good at their job ??

It really depends on the store. As a general rule I would say that
you would get better work from an independant with a good reputation.

Steve B.
Eddie Runner

All thier installers are different...

at CC I have seen some that were useless, but on the other hand
one of the best custom installers I ever knew went to work for them
he no longer used many if his unique custom skills, but he did seem
to enjoy working there....

I would suggest talking directly with the installers and see how confident
they seem about the work you want them to do, if your conversation
leaves you thinking you know more then they do or if they seem a little
strange about your particular car, you may want to seek another installer,
if on the other hand they seem confident and leave you feeling at ease
about the work they need to do for you then you probably made a good
choice... And this advice isnt just about CC, its about ANY INSTALLER
ANYWHERE.....

Eddie Runner
installin since 1974

jack wrote:

I'll be visiting a CC in the near future to buy a complete Alpine system.
Are their installers any good at their job ??

Matt

I would stay away from CC, they do not make sure that their techs are
certified, I much prefer Best Buy.

Certified by whom? I did custom install for about 5 years and none of us were
certified.

Matt

M and M Electronics
6661 Stanford Ranch Road
Suite F, PMB 105
Rocklin Ca 95677
916-275-5871

Steve Grauman

I would stay away from CC, they do not make sure that their techs are
certified, I much prefer Best Buy.

I worked for Best Buy and the install guys regularly ****ed up even the easiest
jobs. Car Audio guys at Circuit City go through a training program that's as
good or better than any other retail chain's program. The Best Buy guys are
usually no more trained than you or I. CC and The Good Guys seem to spend the
most time training their install guys, although I'm still weary of chain-store
installs.
Steve Grauman
mayhemkrew

Best Buy requires all installers to be MECP certified, but being certified
doesn't mean jack. Anybody can study for a test, take it, and pass.
Doesn't mean they still know how to install. It's the training and hands on
experience is where you get good and the know how.

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
I would stay away from CC, they do not make sure that their techs are
certified, I much prefer Best Buy.

I worked for Best Buy and the install guys regularly ****ed up even the
easiest
jobs. Car Audio guys at Circuit City go through a training program that's
as
good or better than any other retail chain's program. The Best Buy guys
are
usually no more trained than you or I. CC and The Good Guys seem to spend
the
most time training their install guys, although I'm still weary of
chain-store
installs.
Steve Grauman

Steve Grauman

Best Buy requires all installers to be MECP certified

Yea but CC and The Good Guys have on-sight hands on training to boot. The Best
Buys guys are unanimous oafs.
Steve Grauman
rich

This worries me.
I just got an Avic-N1 for xmas.
after calling around to get install quotes Good guys told me they could have
it installed in 4 hours. CC told me they would need my car for 3 days for
install and calibration. The install mgr at good guys was like "eh whatever,
no big deal". The guy at CC was like, "this is one sweet piece of
equipment, and to make sure that each piece is working we'll need the car
for a few days." Im no idiot when it comes to car audio installs. I used to
install IASCA winning systems in my college days, but ive been out for a
long time and GPS/Video systems are new to me.
any thoughts on the responses given to me?

"Steve Grauman" wrote in message
Best Buy requires all installers to be MECP certified

Yea but CC and The Good Guys have on-sight hands on training to boot. The

Best
Buys guys are unanimous oafs.
Steve Grauman

mayhemkrew

wow, for some reason Ferris Buellers Day Off is going through my mind. Go
with the Good Guys or Tweeter if you have one around you.

newsTjCd.20183$3m6.15601@attbi_s51...

"rich" wrote in message
[...]

Sirius Circuit City Deal Over? gammonus Car Audio 6 June 7th 04 05:04 PM
(((( Best Buy & Circuit City )))) Albert Marketplace 8 April 5th 04 05:31 AM
installation day at circuit city! Don Joe Car Audio 119 February 16th 04 09:20 PM
circuit city, day 2 Don Joe Car Audio 5 February 3rd 04 04:36 PM
tweeter and circuit city experience Don Joe Car Audio 12 January 27th 04 02:08 AM