Patrick Shroads

Default Home recording question (w/ Tascam 788, Reason, MIDI)

I am putting together a home studio and I'm unsure of what I need in
the MIDI/Soundcard department. My setup is:

- Tascam 788 digital 8 track
- Pair of M Audio powered monitors
- Windows XP machine
- Propellerhead's Reason

What kind of MIDI and/or soundcard I need for the computer? I am going
to get a MIDI keyboard so I can use Reason. I also want to be able to
sync Reason with the Tascam multitrack and use the monitors attached
to the Tascam for monitoring both reason and the multitrack -- in
other words take the stereo output of Reason to a stereo input on the
Tascam.

So do I need a card with 2 pairs of MIDI in/out (1 pair for the
keyboard and 1 pair for the Tascam)? Or do I just need 1 MIDI out from
the keyboard in to the computer and 1 MIDI out from the computer and
in to the 788?

Thanks!

Logic Audio question...how (if possible) do I assign MIDI controller messages to a soft synth or plugin? Squares Pro Audio 4 November 1st 03 06:13 PM
"Multi-client" MIDI? Mike Pro Audio 1 October 11th 03 10:47 PM
Tascam M3700 software question Don Cooper Pro Audio 0 September 29th 03 02:05 AM
Need advice on microphone upgrade for home recording Bob Cain Pro Audio 5 August 15th 03 11:53 AM
Midi Clock -->Timecode question Om_Audio Pro Audio 25 July 30th 03 06:17 AM