Kevin

Default Connecting a sub to rear speakers?

Hello, I am totally new to the car audio world. I have a '91 Stealth
which I like the stereo but I think I could add a sub to push it a
little more. I looked at this
http://www.jlaudio.com/amps/pdfs/SYS_5.pdf and according to it you
dont need a cable running to your battery because "The factory unit
drives the 500/1 through a parallel connection to its rear speaker
outputs." Am I correct on this? I would love to keep the original
radio/amp and use it to run the highs and mids and just have a mono
amp drive the subs. Would I have to run any wires throughout the car
besides the connections to the rear speakers? Would these cheaper
mono amps work the same way:
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...&oid=69339&m=0
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...&oid=70290&m=0

I am really interested to know more about this. Thanks for your help.

Kevin
mayhemkrew

No you still have to run a power wire from the battery for this amp, the
section you posted was referring to how the amp can get a signal to it. If
you scroll down and look at the side view of the amp, on the left you can
see where the power wire and ground need to go.

m...