Kendall

Default In relation to Ty's statements, and my conscience

Any questions?

What does this have to do with audio?

Kendall

Kendall

Any questions?

What does this have to do with audio?

Kendall

Roger W. Norman

Hey, why don't you tell me why it doesn't apply to audio or to life as a
business in the first place. Tell me how what I'm talking about doesn't
effect your business, or others.

But then I guess you have only one thought in your mind, that being that
nothing that has to do with events today has anything to do with your
business. You'd much rather find out for free whether a 4050 sounds better
than a KSM 27 or whether 6" off the kick is better tha 5" or 7", all without
simply applying some of the stuff you've heard here in the first place.

What it has to do with audio is that without a society that can do audio,
there will only be Telefunkens on Bush's podium and people will march off to
wherever they march off to. And in case you didn't notice, people are
already marching off to where they march off to.

So that's what it has to do with audio.

"The saddest thing is that I didn't say anything at all."

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Kendall" wrote in message
om...
Any questions?

What does this have to do with audio?

Kendall

Kendall

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message

Here, I'll fix where you top-posted to my reply so that the context couldn't
easily be followed-

You said:

Any questions?

To which I replied:

What does this have to do with audio?

To which you re-replied:

[...]

Now, that we have all that in context, let me state that I did not read most
of your original post, once I realized it didn't relate to audio. I did,
however catch your final question, and I replied with my question. In your
answer here, I can see that yes, from a certain standpoint you do have some
relevant points. However, that is NOT why I come to this particular forum.
I come here for audio, and audio alone. I suggest that if you wish to carry
on OT posts (some of which aren't even marked as such, such as this one)
that you go start another newsgroup like rec.audio.political.discussions or
some such, and post a link to it here. That way, the people who DO want to
discuss those things can do so, and it will actually be ON TOPIC, unlike it
is here. Then, for those of us who don't wish to read off topic stuff won't
have to wade through the preponderance of OT posts where it is clearly
against the charter (as has been pointed out numerous times), and avoid the
flame-fests which benefit nobody, and turn audio professional against audio
professional. There are a number of people here who I have a lesser respect
for than if I had never heard (metaphorically speaking) them getting into
pointless flame wars over stuff that isn't supposed to be here in the first
place. Yes, I can understand wanting to discuss things like this, but it
does not belong here. Create somepace where it will be more apropos, and the
people who are interested will join you there.

If I knew you were a strict Vegan, and visited a Vegan meeting with you, how
appreciative would the group be if I stood up and began recounting how much
I like beef, and grilling pork? It would be out of place, would it not?
Therefore, I wouldn't do that, out of courtesy to the group at large. Now,
if it were a meeting of Beeflovers International, well those comments would
be appropriate.
This is a group of audio people, and yes, they have definite political
views. But, with certain exceptions, they don't usually discuss them unless
"goaded" into it, or inflamed by someone else's differing viewpoint.

As far as people marching off, yes, I've noticed that some of our members
here have gone away, remarking how it was a pity that this forum had to go
down the toilet as well. If we ALL try, we can change that. It would
require that certain persons refrained from starting OT posts in the first
place. Maybe we could try that for a while?

I repeat; It does not belong here. You have not changed that, or my
opinion about it. It does not belong here.

Kendall

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Kendall" wrote in message
om...

Kendall

Kendall

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message

Here, I'll fix where you top-posted to my reply so that the context couldn't
easily be followed-

You said:

Any questions?

To which I replied:

[...]

"Kendall" wrote in message
om...

Kendall

George

I repeat; It does not belong here. You have not changed that, or my
opinion about it. It does not belong here.

Kendall

I absolutly belongs here, and in the food newsgroups and in the car
newsgroups, it belongs anywhere one can find anyone to tell it to
America is doing great evil
America is creating terroists with it policy
any only by voicing our concerns can we begin the massive duty of public
awareness that will be needed to effect a change from a warrior
president and staff to a peaceful president and staff
it is essential that we become the sand in the oyster
or a pearl will never be formed
this is bigger than audio
and it needs to be said
here and anywhere else people gather
George

Wayne

I repeat; It does not belong here. You have not changed that, or my
opinion about it. It does not belong here.

Kendall

I support the request to confine our comments to the topic of the newsgroup.

All of you who contribute your knowledge and expertise on audio.pro, I applaude
you and thank you for sharing same.

All of you who have the notion that I or anyone else is the least bit
interested in your political opinions are living in denial. If your ego is so
large that you believe you have something important to say that will change or
impact other people's view, you really do need to mature. If I need or seek
political advice, it certainly would not be on a newgroup designed for audio.

Your opinions aren't any more right or wrong than mine, therefore do not effect
change. Speak from an area of proven expertise and people will listen.

Once you guys get off topic, I cease to read what you submit. It's boring,
redundant, and takes up bandwidth.

Still adding to my killfile, relunctantly.

--Wayne

-"sounded good to me"-

ThePaulThomas

"Kendall" wrote in message .com...
[...]

While I certainly agree with you that some topics do not belong on
this group I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for things to change. At
this point even when people _do_ stick to a strictly audio topic you
can expect someone like Phil Allison to show up and start attacking
people with assinine name calling and childish outbursts. Now I can
hardly tolerate reading the _audio_ threads because they contain
nearly as many bitter, venomous sentiments as the political threads
seem to inspire. There are way too many ****ed off people with too
little self-control on this group lately. :-(

ScotFraser

I support the request to confine our comments to the topic of the newsgroup.
All of you who contribute your knowledge and expertise on audio.pro, I applaude
you and thank you for sharing same.

Yeah, agreed, but...

All of you who have the notion that I or anyone else is the least bit
interested in your political opinions are living in denial. If your ego is so
large that you believe you have something important to say that will change or
impact other people's view, you really do need to mature.

I think that's a major misconception of why people post political topics here.
Audio people think about a lot more than just audio & obviously the current
political situation has a lot of people very concerned. That doesn't indicate
ego, it doesn't show immaturity, it doesn't mean anybody is trying to change
your view to theirs. It means they need to talk to somebody, & they feel this
group comprises a set of virtual friends.

Your opinions aren't any more right or wrong than mine, therefore do not
effect
change. Speak from an area of proven expertise and people will listen.

This here is a bunch of audio folk standing around the cooler. We're supposed
to mainly talk audio but other stuff does come into the conversation. You
needn't take offense at that, it's just what happens during conversation, the
subject wanders. Tune out when you're bored, gently nudge things back to the
topic, but telling people they can't discuss what's on their minds is just
going to fuel unnecessary anger. I'd say skip that which doesn't interest you.

Once you guys get off topic, I cease to read what you submit. It's boring,
redundant, and takes up bandwidth. Still adding to my killfile, relunctantly.

I probably read only 10 per cent of what's posted anymore. I'd prefer more
audio being discussed but I'm cool with people bringing out whatever's gotten
under their collar also. Just chill & participate in that which interests you,
ignore the rest. Your blood pressure doesn't need to get worked up about any of
this, it's only an internet newsgroup, nothing more.

Scott Fraser

Pete Dimsman

ThePaulThomas wrote:

There are way too many ****ed off people with too
little self-control on this group lately. :-(

It ain't just this group. Welcome to Bush's 21st century.

Pete Dimsman

ThePaulThomas wrote:

There are way too many ****ed off people with too
little self-control on this group lately. :-(

It ain't just this group. Welcome to Bush's 21st century.

Ty Ford

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 23:49:09 -0400, Kendall wrote
(in article ):

As far as people marching off, yes, I've noticed that some of our members
here have gone away, remarking how it was a pity that this forum had to go
down the toilet as well. If we ALL try, we can change that. It would
require that certain persons refrained from starting OT posts in the first
place. Maybe we could try that for a while?

I repeat; It does not belong here. You have not changed that, or my opinion

about it. It does not belong here.

Kendall

Kendall, et al,

I couldn't agree more.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

killermike

Roger W. Norman wrote:
Hey, why don't you tell me why it doesn't apply to audio or to life as a
business in the first place. Tell me how what I'm talking about doesn't
effect your business, or others.

I agree, this isn't anything to do with audio. These are world events
which affect the whole world and everyone in the world to some extent.
So are other things - environmentalism would just be one example.

These threads are nearly always American-centric. Tell me, what would
you judge to have been the principle events this year in Norway? Should
rec.audio.pro be used as a forum to discuss them? America is 5% of the
worlds population.

Perhaps you should explicitly state exactly what you think RAP is for.
What is on topic, professional audio and 9/11 orientated politics?
Anything that interests you or anyone else?

Why don't you post these things into one of the politics groups? Why
have an hierarchy in Usenet if any group can be used to post threads on
any topic? I'm sure a lot of people come onto these groups to get away
from world events. I don't think that you could claim that these
political topics are not being raised in other forums and other mediums.

Sorry if I seem to getting at you but people not obeying the Usenet
hierarchy is a pet hate of mine. Maybe you could participate in the
political threads in other channels and place a pointer to the
discussion in this group? Then you could have the opinions of other
audio professionals.

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
np:

Bob Cain

ScotFraser wrote:

I think that's a major misconception of why people post political topics here.
Audio people think about a lot more than just audio & obviously the current
political situation has a lot of people very concerned. That doesn't indicate
ego, it doesn't show immaturity, it doesn't mean anybody is trying to change
your view to theirs. It means they need to talk to somebody, & they feel this
group comprises a set of virtual friends.

Perfect summary of my interest in discussing these topics
here. I still support the idea of a rec.audio.pro.saloon
but not enough to do all the work I know is involved in
making that happen.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Bob Cain

killermike wrote:

Why don't you post these things into one of the politics groups?

Scott Fraser summarized the reason we do it here in an
earlier post.

Mike, if you are tired of hearing this just tell me to
bugger off, but you, among us, are the only one who knows
the ropes for setting up a new usenet group from the
exellent job you did with the h-s group. You would be a
real hero to a lot of people if you could turn that
expertise toward the establishment of a rec.audio.pro.saloon
group where these discussions could be partitioned but would
likely have the same participants.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Blind Joni

only by voicing our concerns can we begin the massive duty of public
awareness that will be needed to effect a change from a warrior
president and staff to a peaceful president and staff

Worked good in England before Churchill.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

What is wrong with you? The people who share your viewpoint don't need
convincing. Those who disagree, well, you're only serving to **** them off.
Does fanatical, belligerant behaviour really accomplish anything?

It's like bumper stickers..the only one gaining is the guy selling the
stickers.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

I know. I just get so frustrated and like most people in life, they take it
out on the ones they love. So there you have it.

There must be a way for an intelligent guy like yourself to find a way to stop
this behavior. If these events really are affecting you so personally there may
be something else going on.
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

But there are other people's opinions to consider, and some people seem
really taken aback not so much by OT posts, but political OT posts. OTOH, I
agree with you in that these things are incredibly important for people to
discuss, and I feel that there are facts which need to be brought out, about
current events and hsitorical events, that are best reiterated as often as
possible in every possible media.

It's curious how the OT political threads rile so many to anger and name
calling but
the real concerns of audio seem to have so much less effect.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Ty Ford

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:39:29 -0400, John wrote
(in article ):

From: George

I absolutly belongs here, and in the food newsgroups and in the car
newsgroups, it belongs anywhere one can find anyone to tell it to

What is wrong with you? The people who share your viewpoint don't need
convincing. Those who disagree, well, you're only serving to **** them off.
Does fanatical, belligerant behaviour really accomplish anything? Take a
lesson from your own writings.

-John Vice
www.summertimestudios.com

And while you're at it George, pitch in with Bob so he stops complaining
about not having what it takes to start your own newsgroup. Then you can talk
about whatever you want.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Ty Ford

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 15:38:30 -0400, killermike wrote
(in article ):

Roger W. Norman wrote:
[...]

I DARE Roger, Pete and the others to do just that, or start their own
newsgroup. Oddly, even though it's apparent that their comments are not
welcome here, they don't seem to have what it takes.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com