ScotFraser

Default (OT)..... What Would You Do With $87 Billion Dollars??

First..you're talking about health care "insurance coverage"..not health
care.

It equals the same thing in practice. Those without insurance can't afford the
care. Same difference.

We have ..in
most areas..the BEST "Health care" in the world.

One can only assume from a statement like this that you've never accessed
health care in any other part of the world. The US is most definitely NOT at
the top of the heap.

We have lots of homeless, 1/3 of whom have *full-time* jobs and still can't
afford housing.

And we fix this how??

Livable wage requirements would be a start.

We have huge unemployment.

6% = HUGE..got it.

Yes it IS huge. With our population that means millions. It's the highest it
has been since the depression, which btw was around 10% unemployment.

Schools a
disaster ...

I agree..see it everyday..just wondering what the government can do to fix
it.

The government can, if it sees the value of education, insure that every
American child gets a state of the art education, because I really don't think
the billionaires are going to use their tax break millions to make sure America
is educated.

Scott Fraser
ScotFraser

We as sound professionals, musicians,
entertainers, and the like, are notoriously vocal about the shortcomings of
elected officials in the US, but in general, are also notoriously lazy on
voting day.

I've voted in every election I've been eligible to vote in, except one for some
community college superintendent position.

Scott Fraser
ScotFraser

My support is behing Lyndon LaRouche... He makes the most sense..

That dinosaur is still here? "Appears" to make sense but is one of the most
extreme nutcases around.

Scott Fraser
ScotFraser

And I can't imagine why the other UNSC countries would take us
seriously when we ask them to give us money and send some of their boys
to come sit in the hornet's nest we stirred up against their protests.

Hopefully they're all smart enough to tell the US to **** off when the question
comes up.

Scott Fraser
P Stamler

The Honda Civic Hybrid does not have to be plugged in. True it still uses
some
gas but much less than the same car with only a gasoline engine.

Yeah, I passed one on the highway yesterday..I thought he was parked!!

The Honda does have the reputation of being severely underpowered. The Toyota
hybrid, however, has a good deal more pep.

Peace,
Paul

ScotFraser

This is because we can not compete because of labor unions artificially
inflating wages in the US for UNSKILLED workers. Since when did the
guy tightening lug nuts in an automotive plant become middle class?

I guess you think society would be better off with this guy & his kids living
in his car on the edge of town because you think he's worth $3.75 an hour.

Don't need a degree, just know someone working at the big 3 already
and you're in, with little chance of getting fired no matter what you do
or how unproductive you are. Sounds like communism to me...

Sounds like you haven't a clue about what you're saying.

Scott Fraser
R Krizman

Where
were you clear thinkers when Clinton was ****ing this nation in much the same
way he was ****ing Ms. Lewinsky? Or does that not count because he was a
liberal
Democrat?

The difference is this:

When Clinton lied, nobody died.

Enjoyed the rant, by the way. Is this what I'm missing on talk radio?

-R
P Stamler

Someday you should go to a factory or other business enterprise that has just
advertised that it is hiring, and see the hundreds, sometimes thousands of
people who mob the place to turn in job applications. "These people just won't
work" is another bit of folklore that's belied by the facts.

Peace,
Paul
John LeBlanc

"ScotFraser" wrote in message

We have huge unemployment.

6% = HUGE..got it.

Yes it IS huge. With our population that means millions. It's the highest it
has been since the depression, which btw was around 10% unemployment.

Actually, that's not accurate.

When President Carter turned over the reigns to President Reagan, unemployment
hit 9.7%. It took two years for Reagan to turn that around, and from there it
steadily went down until a 7.5% spike in 1992.

That's straight from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, http://www.bls.gov

John

P Stamler

I think we've run out of terms, but anyone is welcome to try.

Hmm... let me meditate on that one. Ohhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Ow -- that hertz.

Peace,
Paul

ScotFraser

You don't get it.
We have public schools some kids won't attend. We have trade schools some kids
won't attend. We already have federally funded job training they won't attend.
Sure, some show up, most don't. Why? Because you can't make people want to
better themselves if they don't want to. It doesn't work.

This is such simplistic bull**** it hardly commands the respect of a reply.
This is how the priveleged class has always looked at the poor & minorities, as
sluggards too lazy to better themselves. The truth, as is always the case with
truth, is considerably more complex, but a critical investigation doesn't suit
the shallow mind. Suffice to say, for every instance of an individual not
choosing self betterment there are equal numbers who are denied the
opportunities at self improvement, due to racial discrimination, lack of
economic resources, lack of transportation, lack of child care, simply put,
lack. Blaming the poor for their poverty is convenient, simplistic & typical of
the arrogance of the selfish.

Scott Fraser
John LeBlanc

"P Stamler" wrote in message
Someday you should go to a factory or other business enterprise that has just
advertised that it is hiring, and see the hundreds, sometimes thousands of
people who mob the place to turn in job applications. "These people just won't
work" is another bit of folklore that's belied by the facts.

Paul, with all due respect, I'd rather you read what I actually said. I'm
careful to use words like "most" and "some" because I know there are people who
want to work, but cannot find jobs that match their skill set. When that
happens, a person _can_ get training in some other area that does have jobs more
easily obtainable. He may not want to, but he can. Once again, it's a matter of
choice and willingness to bite the bullet.

John

Steve O'Neill

6% = HUGE..got it.

-12 dBFS

Rob Adelman

ScotFraser wrote:

Electric cars are already being accepted as well
as nuclear power.

Electric cars are not being sold anymore as the oil companies have
bought up the patents for the batteries. I kid you not.

nmm

On Tue, Sep 9, 2003 11:50 am, Blind Joni
wrote:
Now that China has such trade deals with Walmart, the largest

employer
in
America, we ignore their human rights abuses, their records on

labour
abuses etc?

I just wonder..do we have a right or even a way to do anything about

China's
polocies..really

Ethically you are right, It;s not our place to tell, but is it in you
to support a regime like that.
You are what you support through your purchases. So it all comes back
to an individual's decisions, what type of world that they surround
themselves with

?Letting the third world destroy their enviorment isn't really

helping
anyone. I know thereare a lot of Brasilian Forrestry Workers who

hate the
enviormentalist movement.

Again, I wonder..do we have a choice to "let" them do anything?

Curb our demands for hardwood lumber and Beef farming.
Gerard Durrel described how farming of indigenous animals without
altering their surroundings has less enviormental impact.

North Americans could be eating Buffalo and Moose meat as much as
Beef.
Yes this is radicle but who are we to change anything.
Also I've seen Buffalo Meat for sale regularly at the Atlanta
farmers' market. Moose burgers are pretty good, I could get used to
them.

Should we
develope alternative energy sources..if and when possible..and make

them
wait
until we get it to a level we consider safe? It would seem many more

would
suffer and die in the meantime. It seems very confusing to me.

When the aparthied boycotts of South Africa were going on many said
that it would be the workers and low income people that would suffer
the most. Especially countries that were doing a lot of bussiness with
the regime ( Israel USA, UK) The proponents of the boycotts said It
will have to get worse before it gets better. Apparently it got
better.

There is also the facts that the energy cartels are now both political
parties in America. Gore; Occidental Petroleum, and Bush
Texaco-Chevron. They really have no intrest in changing things that
much.

A small windmill on every 2nd hydro poll could generate 60% of the
electricity for a major city

Ethanol can replace gasoline, Biodeisel can replace deisel. with
little change to the infrastructure.

$87 Billion spent on schools in the middle-east could replace the
Saudi Fundementalist Wahabi schools

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time
thinking about myself, about why I do things." =DC-GWB,Aboard Air
Force One, June 4, 2003

Cossie

"P Stamler" wrote in message
I think we've run out of terms, but anyone is welcome to try.

Hmm... let me meditate on that one. Ohhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Ow -- that hertz.

You think THAT hertz? Let's amp it up a little!

The dynamics of the situation are complex, but I'll try to condense(r) it
for you. (Okay, THAT was reaching)

It's like hitting your thumb with a hammer. The amount that it hertz is
dependent upon the frequency of times the thumb is compressed. Of course,
that's still better than a thumb that's been cut-off. And a hi-cut is
better than a low-cut. As usual though, if it's not too serious you can fix
it with a patch.

In any case, you'll get over it. It's just a phase. :-)

Bill Balmer
what were we talking about?

Artie Turner

John LeBlanc wrote:

Partisanship is part of life. If you think partisanship and honesty are mutually
exclusive, I suppose than means you are apolitical and read no newspapers, and
watch no news on television.

No, and partisanship and honesty are not synonymous, either. I consume
as much news as my nausea threshold allows, and it's pretty clear that
Republican and Democrat leaders alike have treated the Bin Ladens with
kid gloves for a number of inexplicable reason$. Stories about the Bin
Ladens leaving the US uninterviewed by US intel immediately after 9/11
are in the news again this week. How did National Review spin that one?

As for the National Review, and this story in particular, Ijaz has made a strong
case and Bill Clinton confirmed it. That's the topic. Disagree with any of this?
State your case and provide your evidence.

Ascribe whatever motives you wish to the Clinton admin's treatment of
Bin Laden. Make them stick.

If you're looking for the "blame Clinton" mindset, it's not hard to find
- National Review, Weekly Standard, Fox News, the usual suspects.

Artie

John

John LeBlanc

"Artie Turner" wrote in message
. ..
John LeBlanc wrote:

As for the National Review, and this story in particular, Ijaz has made a

strong
case and Bill Clinton confirmed it. That's the topic. Disagree with any of

this?
State your case and provide your evidence.

Ascribe whatever motives you wish to the Clinton admin's treatment of
Bin Laden. Make them stick.

Thanks for clarifying.

If you're looking for the "blame Clinton" mindset, it's not hard to find
- National Review, Weekly Standard, Fox News, the usual suspects.

Well, Artie, what's the pont in swapping lists? But if I were a betting man --
and I'm not, but if I were -- I'd bet the "blame Bush" list would be
significantly longer than any you could come up with for the "blame Clinton"
mindset.

We men and our ****ing contests. g

John

James Boyk

Steve O'Neill wrote:
6% = ... -12 dBFS

I hate to be pedantic, especially about something that was a joke, but 6% (OK,
6.25%) is -24dBFS.

James Boyk

LeBaron & Alrich

Cossie wrote:

You think THAT hertz? Let's amp it up a little!

The dynamics of the situation are complex, but I'll try to condense(r) it
for you. (Okay, THAT was reaching)

It's like hitting your thumb with a hammer. The amount that it hertz is
dependent upon the frequency of times the thumb is compressed. Of course,
that's still better than a thumb that's been cut-off. And a hi-cut is
better than a low-cut. As usual though, if it's not too serious you can fix
it with a patch.

In any case, you'll get over it. It's just a phase. :-)

Wow, you're really wired today!

--
ha

On 2003-09-09 (BlindJoni) said:
I think we could all go along with better acountability.
I work with a lot of young rap artists from 2nd generation welfare
families and I often wonder who's brilliant idea it was to
encourage the lifestyle I come in contact with daily..short sited,
greedy, impatient, disloyal, irresponsible, undependable, violent
liars with children from multiple partners..talk about frustrating
and hopeless. I guess it all goes back into the economy in some way.

OF course it does. All them social workers and prison guard gotta
have jobs ya know. Along with this, all those second generation
welfare families still consume, and since they're poorly educated they
don't rock the boat too much ya know, they just mindlessly consume.
yOu can bet they've all got 200 channels of bull**** including the pay
channels and they don't watch any of them wehre current events and
public policy are discussed.

I see them every day. My lady and I manage five apartment buildings
in the inner city. tWO thirds of our tenants are functionally
illiterate; the other third find this place a stepping stone to
somewhere better as they have jobs.

NO easy answers here, but 87 billion to rebuild a country we shouldn't
ahve destroyed in the first place is reaching a bit. wE need a better
quality of politician in this country, what we're getting for choices
at the national level sucks!

rEgards,

Richard Webb
Electric Spider Productions
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

--

Don't waive your rights while waving your flag.
Kurt Albershardt

Scott Dorsey wrote:

All I have to say is that there is nothing like being taken to the hospital
with blood gushing out of your arm and being told that you'll have to go
to another hospital because your insurance is not good enough to make you
realize just how godawful health care in this country really is.

I mean, when Cuba has better health care than typical American cities,
something is wrong.

I'll preface this by saying it's not an endorsement of the Cuban system
as a whole (not by any means,) but if you look at Cuba's infant
mortality rate and the literacy rate and you compare it with their per
capita GDP, it's a bit of an eye opener.

nmm

On Tue, Sep 9, 2003 12:29 pm, Kurt Albershardt wrote:
nmm wrote:

There was some Rap band a few years ago that were rapping on top of
"Everyday People" by Sly and teh Family Stone, and the lyrics were about
taking someone out cause they disrespected the singer.

Looking at teh original song to the 90s version, really shows the shift

in
ideals.

And just to counter, check out some of the truly excellent lyrics from
Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy.

Right back at ya with

How do their sales and radio / video play compare with Mystical, TuPac,
P_Diddy and all the gold chain sporting Benz driving hip hop "stars" that
endorse the lifestyle we speak of.

KRS1 and Public Enemy too, they just aren't being pushed as a product /
market ./ image/ the way that other hip hop acts are.. You aren't supposed
to think..

nmm

On Tue, Sep 9, 2003 12:37 pm, ScotFraser wrote:

My support is behind Lyndon LaRouche... He makes the most sense..

That dinosaur is still here? "Appears" to make sense but is one of the

most
extreme nutcases around.

Scott Fraser

Yeah and they put him in prison for four years too Freedom in America.

I just started listening to his show on wwcr recently so He is new to me.
He is running for the democratic nomination. Also he seems to have a lot
of International support.

wouldn't write him off as an 'extreme nutcase' . Kamakazee Candidate
maybe; a snowballs chance in hell of winning , or even getting press.
But he has a lot to say that noone else is touching.

"Our Nations Must Come Together To Unite"
- George W Bush - Tampa FL . June 4th -2001

nmm

On Tue, Sep 9, 2003 12:54 pm, James Boyk wrote:
Blind Joni wrote:
...We have ..in most areas..the BEST "Health care" in the world.

I'm no expert in this; but my impression is that while superb care exists

in
the
USA, by most measures of national health we do not have close to the best
care.

According to the Health Care Olympics that teh show "TV Nation" ran the USA
came in a distant third behind Cuba, and Canada.

The show wasn't allowed to air in that form.. I forget if it was Fox or
the other network TV nation was on. They made the producers FIX the
results so Canada won..

Scott Dorsey

In article , nmm wrote:

wouldn't write him off as an 'extreme nutcase' . Kamakazee Candidate
maybe; a snowballs chance in hell of winning , or even getting press.
But he has a lot to say that noone else is touching.

He is most definitely an extreme nutcase, and that's part of the problem.
He does have a lot to say, and he'll make sense for a few pages and then
something totally loonie will come out of his mouth. The problem is that
this now marginalizes most of the good points that he has.

Admittedly you can say the same thing about some mainstream politicians on
both sides of the aisle too.

His advocacy of nuclear fusion research has almost singlehandedly resulted
in fusion research now getting categorized as a loonie idea among the
political set due to his association with it. This is bad, because nuclear
fusion technology may well have a real future.

ScotFraser

Or does that not count because he was a
liberal
Democrat?

Oh Clinton is a liberal Democrat? I see. Hilarious. That would explain why he
appropriated the Republican agenda & passed it as his own. Do you really have
any clue as to what political liberalism is?
Didn't think so.

Scott Fraser
Ben Bradley

In rec.audio.pro, "William Sommerwerck" wrote:

Les Cargill wrote...

LeBaron & Alrich wrote:

Kurt Albershardt wrote:

The R&D is actually going rather well already. $87B would buy enough
PV panels (even at current prices) to alleviate a nice percentage of our
current issues.

What about our voltage issues?

There's some resistance to those.

Not to mention a lot of reluctance from the oil and gas companies, who are
offering impedance to the development of alternative energy.

I think we've run out of terms, but anyone is welcome to try.

Won't a balanced power transformer solve all the world's problems?

Rob Adelman

ScotFraser wrote:

Electric cars are not being sold anymore as the oil companies have
bought up the patents for the batteries. I kid you not.

Obviously I didn't write the quote you ascribe to me, but I wonder how one can
patent technology that has been in common use for many generations?

The battery technology is what makes or breaks the electric car
proposition. To have enough power to go the distance and speed you need,
they could weigh tons. The way I understand it was some new patented
battery designs that they were using and there is some sort of hold up
g. My brother has an electric Rav 4 and he says that is the deal. He
was leasing it but he bought it out before it was too late and says you
can't get em anymore or the GM EV1. There are some companies still
building electric cars but they are very expensive. The Toyota was only
a bit more than it's gas counterpart.

Rob Adelman

ScotFraser wrote:

Or does that not count because he was a
liberal
Democrat?

Oh Clinton is a liberal Democrat? I see. Hilarious. That would explain why he
appropriated the Republican agenda & passed it as his own. Do you really have
any clue as to what political liberalism is?
Didn't think so.

Thats true. You have to be close to the middle to be popular. Reagan was
popular because he (pretended) to be close to the middle as well.

Rob Adelman

Ben Bradley wrote:

Won't a balanced power transformer solve all the world's problems?

Wouldn't help Exxon much..

nmm

On Tue, Sep 9, 2003 5:39 pm, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , nmm wrote:

wouldn't write him off as an 'extreme nutcase' . Kamakazee Candidate
maybe; a snowballs chance in hell of winning , or even getting press.
But he has a lot to say that noone else is touching.

He is most definitely an extreme nutcase, and that's part of the problem.
He does have a lot to say, and he'll make sense for a few pages and then
something totally loonie will come out of his mouth. The problem is that
this now marginalizes most of the good points that he has.

I haven't run accross this yet, but I'm new to the Larouche movement..
Seems like he has a lot of international "Larouchies" working for him.

I did see some nasty things the Anti-Defamation League has written about
him, but looking at their website they seem to be extremist nustcases too;
so who to believe.

Admittedly you can say the same thing about some mainstream politicians
on both sides of the aisle too.

His advocacy of nuclear fusion research has almost singlehandedly resulted
in fusion research now getting categorized as a loonie idea among the
political set due to his association with it. This is bad, because

nuclear
fusion technology may well have a real future.
--scott

Ontario Power Generation had an experimental/ research fusion reactor
that is supposed to be online at Darlington plant sometime soon . I think
there is some web information on it somewhere. Since OPG got bought by some
British consortium in the Privatisation craze a few years ago .. it would
seem strange that they would be doing any R&D into something that will have
no payoff.

I haven't heard the Larouche Fusion talk yet.. I'll go have a look for it
on the site.

I wonder if $87 Billion in R&D for Fusion would have got us somewhere.

James Boyk

Rob Adelman wrote:
My brother has an electric Rav 4.... He was leasing it but

he bought it out before it was too late and says you can't get em
anymore or the GM EV1.

I'm quite sure I read that GM never sold the EV1. As a matter of policy, they
only leased them.

James Boyk

Joel Embry

Is that the second generation Prius or the first? I want to buy either
the Honda Civic or the Toyota Prius.

I hear they are working on a hybrid SUV of all things.

Joel

"squeeziechum" wrote in message
.. .
Well folks, I own a Prius (1 yr old this week), so that makes me a bit of

an
expert here. It and the Civic hybrid have equivalent & fine acceleration,
but they are not sports cars and should not be compared to sports cars. I
have never been lacking for power and I usually leave other cars way

behind
when I take off at the light. Why? First, they don't know that I'm

racing
them ; ^ ) and second, electric motors have their best torque at the zero
mph. The torque is so good in fact, that I have heard of other Prius

owners
racing stock smogathon cars up long steep hills and beating them by a wide
margin. Those same gas huffers would easily be able to whip by a hybrid

on
a level road.

Don't forget their design goal was to create an eco-sedan with reasonable
comfort and features. They succeeded spectacularly.

Phil / Houston
"nmm" wrote in message

On Tue, Sep 9, 2003 12:45 pm, P Stamler mailto

The Honda Civic Hybrid does not have to be plugged in. True it still

uses
some
gas but much less than the same car with only a gasoline engine.

Yeah, I passed one on the highway yesterday..I thought he was parked!!

The Honda does have the reputation of being severely underpowered. The
Toyota
hybrid, however, has a good deal more pep.

Peace,
Paul

the one Larry David's Wife made him buy?

Blind Joni

And with 42 million uninsured, the average level
of care that our citizens *receive* is not remotely on the level of the best
care that is *offered*.

Probably true if you define care the right way. You can define preventative
broadly enough to make it seem like a lot of people are under served..then
again many don't think free visits to the family doctor 12 times a year is
necessary especially when tax dollars are paying for it..and I believe Medicade
in NY state allows 12 visits/year/recipient.
I haven't been to the doctor 12 times in 48 years. It works both ways I think.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

All I have to say is that there is nothing like being taken to the hospital
with blood gushing out of your arm and being told that you'll have to go
to another hospital because your insurance is not good enough to make you
realize just how godawful health care in this country really is.

I'm not picking here but to examine the language a little...reading your quote
I would deduce that the problem is an insurance problem...no?
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

His advocacy of nuclear fusion research has almost singlehandedly resulted
in fusion research now getting categorized as a loonie idea among the
political set due to his association with it. This is bad, because nuclear
fusion technology may well have a real future.
--scott

This is too bad indeed..as I believe that Fusion IS the future.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637
Blind Joni

Scott, thanks again for some things I can chew on. I am again approaching this
logically by what was actually stated.

First..you're talking about health care "insurance coverage"..not health
care.

It equals the same thing in practice. Those without insurance can't afford
the
care. Same difference.

Possible analogy?
Does having car insurance affect the ability of the body shop to repair a
fender?

We have ..in
most areas..the BEST "Health care" in the world.

One can only assume from a statement like this that you've never accessed
health care in any other part of the world. The US is most definitely NOT at
the top of the heap.

I will take your word for this.

We have huge unemployment.

6% = HUGE..got it.

Yes it IS huge. With our population that means millions. It's the highest it
has been since the depression, which btw was around 10% unemployment.

I believe that this is much less than many European countries..not that it
matters really.
And I know that 6% of 260+ million is indeed millions.

Schools a
disaster ...

I agree..see it everyday..just wondering what the government can do to fix
it.

The government can, if it sees the value of education, insure that every
American child gets a state of the art education, because I really don't
think
the billionaires are going to use their tax break millions to make sure
America
is educated.

First, I believe that the "government" sees the value of education...how can
they "insure" what you ask. I agree it would be the way to go but parents can't
"insure" their own kids will act responsibility..how the hell you gonna
"control" what millions of people want?
I wish it would come to pass but seriously..on what planet in which dimension
can you see this happening? I'm sure each of us know people personally that
would **** up this proposal.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.