Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Effgee Jay Effgee is offline

Default LV-10 headphones question

I have an old pair of Realistic LV-10 headphones that have just come out of
storage after many years. They were mine and I think were a Consumer
Reports Best Buy item many years ago. They still work and the sound is
great, but the foam that surrounds the speakers has deteriorated and mostly
gone. Can anyone suggest how to replace the foam? Do you think Radio Shack
might have such critters? Is there a generic foam pad that I could cut to
fit and glue in place?
I will appreciate any and all suggestions since I intend to use these phones
again. JG

Posted to rec.audio.pro
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article YURxl.28637$DP1.739@attbi_s22, "Jay Effgee" wrote:
I have an old pair of Realistic LV-10 headphones that have just come out of
storage after many years. They were mine and I think were a Consumer
Reports Best Buy item many years ago. They still work and the sound is
great, but the foam that surrounds the speakers has deteriorated and mostly
gone. Can anyone suggest how to replace the foam? Do you think Radio Shack
might have such critters? Is there a generic foam pad that I could cut to
fit and glue in place?
I will appreciate any and all suggestions since I intend to use these phones
again. JG

You might see if its removable and post a picture of it, with demensions.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones RD Jones is offline
Senior Member

Location: Nashville

On Mar 23, 4:02*pm, "Jay Effgee" wrote:
I have an old pair of Realistic LV-10 headphones that have just come out of
storage after many years. *They were mine and I think were a Consumer
Reports Best Buy item many years ago. *They still work and the sound is
great, but the foam that surrounds the speakers has deteriorated and mostly
gone. *Can anyone suggest how to replace the foam? *Do you think Radio Shack
might have such critters? *Is there a generic foam pad that I could cut to
fit and glue in place?
I will appreciate any and all suggestions since I intend to use these phones
again. *JG

IIRC these were made for RS by Koss and were a version of their
HV1's.

Koss still lists some replacement earpads available.

rd
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"RD Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, RD. That's a good lead. I'm going to pursue it and see what I can
find. JG

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Jay Effgee" wrote in message

"RD Jones" wrote in message
[...]

Follow up by JG: My LV-10's were identical to Koss HV1A's as suggested by
RD. Replacement foam pads were $5 USD including shipping. I am happy that
this was accomplished so easily. The pads arrived in three days and were
exactly what was needed. Thanks again, RD. JG

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] enriquerodriguezhernandez@gmail.com is offline

On Monday, March 23, 2009 at 2:02:00 PM UTC-6, Jay Effgee wrote:
I have an old pair of Realistic LV-10 headphones that have just come out of
storage after many years. They were mine and I think were a Consumer
Reports Best Buy item many years ago. They still work and the sound is
great, but the foam that surrounds the speakers has deteriorated and mostly
gone. Can anyone suggest how to replace the foam? Do you think Radio Shack
might have such critters? Is there a generic foam pad that I could cut to
fit and glue in place?
I will appreciate any and all suggestions since I intend to use these phones
again. JG

http://www.koss.com/en/products/acce...1A_Ear_Cushion
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] sedouglas59@gmail.com is offline

You can get the replacement foam surrounds from Koss. Same thing happened with mine. They look great now.

Headphones question Bruce C. Miller Audio Opinions 3 January 5th 07 01:45 AM
monitoring headphones question Phillip Pro Audio 13 April 23rd 06 12:20 PM
question about new headphones David Grant Pro Audio 4 March 23rd 04 05:32 PM
Headphones question Neil.N Pro Audio 3 October 22nd 03 07:32 AM
Headphones question Neil.N Pro Audio 1 October 22nd 03 05:51 AM