Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] henryk@usc.edu is offline

Default Help needed on dithering in Sound Forge using Waves L2

Dear All,

I would like to ask you for help using Sound Forge and Waves L2 in
mastering process.

I export from my DAW the mix at 24-bit/44.1kHz and I open it in Sound
Forge. After applying some EQ and sometimes other plugins I use Waves'
L2 as my last plugin. In L2 I turn on the dithering (16-bit quantize,
Type1, Ultra) and I process the file. The dithering on in L2 did not
change the file into 16-bit!

So in Sound Forge I go to Process/Bit-Depth Converter and I convert
the file to 16-bit, but here Sound Forge performs dithering again.

How to process 24-bit file and dithering it in L2 and dither the file
only once? What am I doing wrong in my process?

I really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance,

Henryk
www.myspace.com/ewasongs

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] henryk@usc.edu is offline

Hi Allen,
Thank you so much, I think now I understand. I just need to find in
Sound Forge the option to capture to 16-bit.

Henry

On Mar 16, 10:27 am, Allen Corneau wrote:
On 3/16/07 11:30 AM, in article
. com, "

wrote:
L2 as my last plugin. In L2 I turn on the dithering (16-bit quantize,
Type1, Ultra) and I process the file. The dithering on in L2 did not
change the file into 16-bit!

SoundForge maybe capturing a 24-bit word, but the file is dithered to
16-bit. If you want, tell SoundFroge to capture at 16-bit. Cut a CD from the
file and you'll be fine.

Just make sure you don't do ANY other processing (volume change, fade out,
etc...) otherwise you'll be creating another 24-bit word.

Allen
--
Allen Corneau
Mastering Engineer

Sound Forge Ken Bouchard General 0 October 11th 03 02:41 AM
Sound Forge Ken Bouchard Audio Opinions 0 October 11th 03 02:41 AM
Sound Forge Ken Bouchard Pro Audio 0 October 11th 03 02:41 AM
Sound Forge Ken Bouchard Tech 0 October 11th 03 02:41 AM
Sound Forge Ken Bouchard General 0 September 29th 03 10:47 PM