Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
TT TT is offline

Default A psychologist's view of Hi-Fi fetishism

"Mark" wrote in message
Do you know all that stuff for fact or is it a

characterisation?

I'll start at the beginning. Philthy here has a hobby
business and as such under Australian taxation law is not
registered for GST which means his turnover is less than
A$50,000 per year. Where he lives and the rents he would
paying makes for a very meagre lifestyle if this was his
only income. Remember we are talking turnover not profit
here. So it is an "educated guess" yes.

see http://tinyurl.com/3bfrze

As a characterisation, it may be a little over the top!

....but don't let me
stop you.

Please remember that I and several of my friends in business
here have had this guy has *PAY* for company searches on
our businesses and then he has proceeded to malign and libel
anyone else attached to those businesses in cluding family
members.

The only thing I object to is any derogatory allusion to

his source of
income. If Phil is suffering from chronic clinical

depression, as I suspect
he is, he deserves financial support. The alternatives are

worse!

I have no objection to Philthy receiving government
assistance *except* he needs to forced to keep on his
medications and/or institutionalised without internet
access! Also please do not misunderstand my intention here,
I am not in anyway belittling anyone who genuinely needs
support *BUT* I am having a shot at Philthy who constantly
carries on as if he is a grand entrepreneur and has a
thriving electronics business.

As you have no doubt seen he is constantly having a shot at
*anyone* that has a mere glimmer of success attached to them
and if in doubt please do a Google Groups search?

As a pensioned disabled carer, the only source of income I

have is from that
pension and the only thing that keeps me happy and is

music, glorious music.

My sincerest sympathies here and am very pleased you can
find happiness in music. I believe in genuine cases as
yourself the social services are in no way doing enough to
help and support people in your situation. I only have a
problem with people recieving benefits they are not entitled
to.

BTW do a Google Groups search on philthy's name and
"Autistic" http://tinyurl.com/ysnxme

I also apologise in advance for the potential distress you
may have in reading Philthy's posts in that link.

I make it 836! So please tell me how much he really cares
for the sufferes of this condition or the people engaged in
their care? Or the numerous times he has told people to
"get cancer and die"? I personally find it very difficult
to to feel any sympathy for this sad little man and no
hardship is too bad to befall him.

The same goes for my dependant, who is bed ridden. I've

built him his own
remote controlled Hi-Fi and entertainment system sitting

at the end of his
bed. The necessity to do so on a small income is what

compels me towards
DIY.

There will be enornous amout of good quality second hand
gear coming on the market as manufacturers push for ever
more featured gizmos ;-) Just think what a Playstation 2
will be worth in about 2 weeks ;-) As entertainment box
with networking abilty, DVD/CD replay and a HD it may be
something to think about perhaps.

So finally Mark if I have offended you in any way please
accept my apology as it was not my intention to disparage
anyone except Philthy.

Cheers TT

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
Alan Rutlidge Alan Rutlidge is offline

"TT" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
[...]

Mark,

Everything Terry has said is the truth. If anything I think he has painted
an optimist's view of Phil and tried to see the positive side of him.

For years I've been a victim of Phil. First it was just a fax message to my
workplace, then numerous posts all over various newsgroups claiming I'm a
sex tourist and a paedophile. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Then came the harassment on Usenet of my business partner. Phil published
his personal details all over several newsgroups and still got it wrong by
not ensuring the so called "facts" were indeed up to date. He published
links to our website making all sorts of unfounded accusations about the
nature of our business..

Next he had someone do several visits to my home. Phil reporting on Usenet
enough detailed information such as my address, what was growing in my front
garden behind a brick wall etc to be convincing enough he had someone
stalking me. Bear in mind I live in Perth - Phil lives in Sydney. Anyone
going to this extreme to get some else to spy on someone thousands of
kilometres away has (IMHO) some serious unresolved issues. In short the guy
is a crackpot. As Terry has said, perhaps to be pitied, but IMHO he's
positively dangerous. Stalking today - more serious crime tomorrow.

All you need to do to get Phil's undivided attention is to openly disagree
with something he has posted on UseNet. Doesn't matter what it is about.
Within three posts in a thread you will be accused of being a "****wit",
quickly followed by all manner of abuse. Then if you are really unlucky you
may start to receive the same degree of unwanted attention some of us have
had to endure. The above examples are but merely a small sample of what
Phil is capable of. :-(

Cheers,
Alan

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
TT TT is offline

"Alan Rutlidge" wrote
in message
All you need to do to get Phil's undivided attention is to

openly disagree
with something he has posted on UseNet. Doesn't matter

what it is about.
Within three posts in a thread you will be accused of

being a "****wit",
quickly followed by all manner of abuse. Then if you are

really unlucky you
may start to receive the same degree of unwanted attention

some of us have
had to endure. The above examples are but merely a small

sample of what
Phil is capable of. :-(

Cheers,
Alan

Sad but very true :-(

BTW I was actually surprised at the search results of
"autistic" as well. I know he used it often but 836 times!

This is one sick puppy we're dealing with here :-(.

Cheers TT

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

TT wrote:

This is one sick puppy we're dealing with here :-(.

The get-well cards that some rec.audio.pro folks sent from the AES show
weren't appreciated, though.

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
TT TT is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
TT wrote:

This is one sick puppy we're dealing with here :-(.

The get-well cards that some rec.audio.pro folks sent from

the AES show
weren't appreciated, though.
--scott

I have suggested on numerous occasions that he seek
professional help and if all else fails to seek the services
of someone like Dr. Kevorkian ;-)

Cheers TT

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
roughplanet roughplanet is offline

TT wrote:

This is one sick puppy we're dealing with here :-(.

The get-well cards that some rec.audio.pro folks sent from
the AES show weren't appreciated, though.
--scott

I have suggested on numerous occasions that he seek
professional help and if all else fails to seek the services
of someone like Dr. Kevorkian ;-)

No need. I'll provide the same service, free of charge.
In fact I'll even pay him if he signs a document
exonerating me from any legal libility & agreeing to
my euthanasing him, albeit V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y
by numerous heavy blows to the head & body :-).

ruff

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
Mark Harriss[_2_] Mark Harriss[_2_] is offline

He's off hiding in sci.electronics.design where they are discussing a
design of his: this involves abusing university electronics engineers
and respected authors of electronics texts.
Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment

"Mark Harriss" wrote in message

He's off hiding in sci.electronics.design where they are discussing a
design of his: this involves abusing university electronics engineers
and respected authors of electronics texts.

Hi Mark.

I'm not going to chase him; just give him a hard time when he visits us here
and then he'll go somewhere else where the pickins is easier :-).

ruff

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment

roughplanet wrote:
"Mark Harriss" wrote in message

He's off hiding in sci.electronics.design where they are discussing a
design of his: this involves abusing university electronics engineers
and respected authors of electronics texts.

Hi Mark.

I'm not going to chase him; just give him a hard time when he visits us here
and then he'll go somewhere else where the pickins is easier :-).

ruff

My apologies Ruff, I replied to the wrong thread......Although he does
seem to be scarce around here at the moment, maybe it's working.
Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment
TT TT is offline

"Mark Harriss" wrote in message

: Although he does
: seem to be scarce around here at the moment, maybe it's
working.

Several reasons for that. He is losing an argument, he is
being proved wrong, he is copping what he gives out and
finally no one is taking any of his bullying!

So like the little girl he is he has run away and hid ;-)
Oh and the Moon is waning ;-)

Cheers TT

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro,aus.hi-fi,alt.audio.equipment,rec.audio.tubes
Walter Bushell Walter Bushell is offline

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

"David Grant" wrote ...

Interesting article. I work at an A/V consulting firm
and we have a relatively hard-core audiophile on staff.
He recently brought in a Monster power-conditioner and
demoed it for some of the staff in the office, stating
afterwards that we should begin specifying it on all our
projects. While such equipment can help in specific
situations he obviously didn't understand the theory
behind its operation. Fortunately he's a great salesman
(his position is sales) and he doesn't do any design
work.

Salesmen seem to be more easily duped by other salesmen.
You'd think they would be more clued-in to the deceptive
practices, but maybe they are in denial. :-)

IME, salemen as a rule just don't know any better. Only a few of them have a
strong background in tech. I'm not sure this is *always* a bad thing, as one
can know too much to be an effective salesman.

Might blurt out the _truth_.