michael

Default cd/dvd player

I've listened to a couple of A/V receivers and have decided on the NAD
T762. Music is more important than the A/V experience and I love the
sound of this receiver. What I find harder to decide on in the DVD/CD
player. Should I go with a multi-use cd/dvd player like the NAD T562
or should I go with separate components? The NAD specs don't show
DVD-Audio just SCAD. It seems that a Sony cd/dvd player can be had
for half the price with the same features. Can the CD player be as
important audio wise when all its doing is send a digital signal to
the receiver for processing? Any suggestions on players to check out
would be appreciated as well as how to evaluate them beyond just
features.