Hellenason7

Default Will isolated sheets of fiberboard help reduce sound?

The sound leakage from my basement is okay in terms of not disturbing
neighbors "too much," but I'd still like to reduce it further so that I can
record later into the evening.
Most of the sound seems to escape from window locations. I'm talking
mainly about bass drum and toms, but also my guitar amp.

I know you need mass to reduce sound. If I cover the windows and interior
walls with, say, 8'x4', 1" sheets of high density fiberboard (compressed
sawdust), will I get any appreciable reduction of sound through the
windows/walls? There will be gaps above the boards (10 ft. ceiling) and the
entirety of each wall will not be covered. Perhaps 70% of the walls can be
covered with the fiberboard sheets. Would there be a better choice than the
fiberboard? Heavy fiberglass sheets, perhaps?
Thanks!