Brotherdave

Default WTB: Yamaha MZ204 MZ-204 microphones

Anyone know where any decent used (or NOS) Yamaha MZ-204's can be found?
I have one and would love to find some more.
I think that they were made in the late eighties into the early nineties.
They have an unusual right angle XLR and a screw-on mount/clip.
They sort of look like a cross between an Audix and an AT.

Please e-mail me at

Thanks.

crimsoncolonel

I know you posted this notice 10 months ago but I have a Yamaha mz204 I
would sell. It works as new. It has a few scratches (no dents) and some
wear on the painted surface, particularly in the tightening screw on the
mount. But that comes with use on any mic, I guess. If you are still
interested please let me know and make an offer. I had planned on listing
it on ebay. I am in Del Mar, California and would send it to you USPS
Priority Mail, with insurance and certification of delivery..

The MZ204's are great mic's. They're also very rare in North America.
After hearing them on some tours in Europe and Japan in 1996 it took me
about 6-7 year to find one used in the USA. Great sounding mic's with a
very smart design for positioning in tight places. The MZ-205 is the
slightly shorter version that was intnded for rack toms and percussion
not requiring as much bass response as the MZ-204. Whenever I do see
these "drum" mics on ebay they are usually minus the original
swivel-mount stand adaptor. But they will fit perfectly in one of those
radio-shack spring-loaded mic clips.

ianneve ianneve is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsoncolonel View Post
I know you posted this notice 10 months ago but I have a Yamaha mz204 I
would sell. It works as new. It has a few scratches (no dents) and some
wear on the painted surface, particularly in the tightening screw on the
mount. But that comes with use on any mic, I guess. If you are still
interested please let me know and make an offer. I had planned on listing
it on ebay. I am in Del Mar, California and would send it to you USPS
Priority Mail, with insurance and certification of delivery..
I'm sure you have sold it but if you haven't I will buy your Yamaha mic.
email me.