Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] sales@oldschooltees.com is offline

Default Best tubes for Jolida SJ-502

On Friday, March 6, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Douglas Greig wrote:
Hello,

I bought a Jolida SJ-502a last year. I am sure that a lot of you
consider it a piece of junk, but to me it sounds a lot better than the
Japanese department store stuff that I had before. I am using this amp
with a MArantz CD-63 and occasionally a Sonic Frontiers DAC-2 kit. The
speakers are B&W MAtrix 805.

The output tubes are the Svetlina 6550's that came stock with it. Pre
amp tubes are 12AX7 and 12AU7 (I think)

I listen to rock/pop, jazz, and some acoustic music.; very little
classical.

If I wanted to make this amp sound it's best, which combination of tubes
should I buy? Were should I order them from? What bias do I set the
output tubes for. Is these anything else in the amp that I can change.

Also, with the CD-63SE, things sound kinda mixed together and slurred,
but it is also too bright sounding.. With the DAC-2 the sound is much
better, but I loose impact on Rock and Fast Jazz. Any suggestions for a
CD Player or DAC to use with this set-up?

Thank you in advance for your help.

-Doug

LUA vs Jolida Graham Taylor High End Audio 1 November 26th 04 05:24 PM
JOLIDA SJ-302A Matko High End Audio 1 April 28th 04 09:29 PM
JOLIDA SJ-302A Matko Audio Opinions 0 April 27th 04 02:30 PM
Jolida JD202 preamp tubes PK. Vacuum Tubes 2 April 4th 04 06:10 PM
Jolida Blowing Tubes Robert Philbeck Vacuum Tubes 8 August 13th 03 04:11 PM