Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Audiophile Sinatra

I bought a Sinatra CD for the fancy red cover, thinking that it would have
the best audio quality. It was not. It seemed to be highly compressed, poor
soundstaging, What is the best sounding Sinatra album?

Thanks,

Gary Eickmeier
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
abbeynormal abbeynormal is offline

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:24:24 PM UTC-7, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I bought a Sinatra CD for the fancy red cover, thinking that it would hav=

e=20
the best audio quality. It was not. It seemed to be highly compressed, po=

or=20
soundstaging, What is the best sounding Sinatra album?
=20
Thanks,
=20
Gary Eickmeier

his 80th anniversary disc sounded decent to me. technically speaking, one w=
ould have to go back to the 50s mono stuff he did to get the purest sound. =
when they started doing the multi-track stuff in the late 60s they "fixed t=
hings in the mix" which more often than not made things somewhat dense/opaq=
ue-sounding, at least to my ears.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 11:24:24 PM UTC-4, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I bought a Sinatra CD for the fancy red cover, thinking that it would have
the best audio quality. It was not. It seemed to be highly compressed, poor
soundstaging, What is the best sounding Sinatra album?

Thanks,

Gary Eickmeier

Interesting - Sinatra was a rare talent and a wretched human being. So sad that his personality did not match his talent.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.high-end

On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 5:40:46 AM UTC-7, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 11:24:24 PM UTC-4, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I bought a Sinatra CD for the fancy red cover, thinking that it would have
the best audio quality. It was not. It seemed to be highly compressed, poor
soundstaging, What is the best sounding Sinatra album?

Thanks,

Gary Eickmeier

Interesting - Sinatra was a rare talent and a wretched human being. So sad that his personality did not match his talent.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

______________________
it has been my experience, that there is no greatness [talent] unsullied by at least a tincture of madness. nevertheless, there were times that Sinatra did do kind things for strangers.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Walt Walt is offline

On 10/10/2015 11:22 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
What is the best sounding Sinatra album?

I dunno.

Did he record any instrumental albums without vocals?

--
//Walt

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message
I bought a Sinatra CD for the fancy red cover, thinking that it would have
the best audio quality. It was not. It seemed to be highly compressed,
poor
soundstaging, What is the best sounding Sinatra album?

I just found in my own collection "Old Blue Eyes is Back," his comeback
after retirement. This was a very sophisticated, adults only album with some
pretty good sonics. So maybe anything more recently recorded than the 50s
and 60s schtick would have fine sound.

Gary Eickmeier
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Frank Lucas Frank Lucas is offline

Il 11/10/2015 05:22, Gary Eickmeier ha scritto:
I bought a Sinatra CD for the fancy red cover, thinking that it would have
the best audio quality. It was not. It seemed to be highly compressed, poor
soundstaging, What is the best sounding Sinatra album?

Thanks,

Gary Eickmeier

The one with Frank conducting and Dino singing.

Frank

dolph dolph is offline
Junior Member

Sinatra was a rare talent and a wretched human being.
192.168.l.2

Last edited by dolph : September 6th 16 at 01:19 PM