Kalman Rubinson

Default anyone tried Monsoon flat-panel speakers?

On 30 Jun 2003 02:09:06 GMT, "RedLine" wrote:

thinking of picking up a pair (either 600's or 1000's) series ...

can anyone comment on how these hold up over time? i was not particularly
impressed with their top-end response - a little 'muted' - otherwise quite
impressive.

Review in Stereophile V24/#10.

Kal

Kalman Rubinson

On 30 Jun 2003 22:53:01 GMT, "RedLine" wrote:

thanks, but I don't think I'll be subscribing simply to read one review. i
was hoping to hear from everyday users who might have some experience with
them.

I had no knowledge of whether you are a subscriber or not. At one
time, the review was posted on the website and, possibly, Monsoon can
provide a copy if it is unavailable from Stereophile.

Kal

"Kalman Rubinson" wrote in message
On 30 Jun 2003 02:09:06 GMT, "RedLine" wrote:

thinking of picking up a pair (either 600's or 1000's) series ...

can anyone comment on how these hold up over time? i was not

particularly
impressed with their top-end response - a little 'muted' - otherwise

quite
impressive.

Review in Stereophile V24/#10.

Kal

JCE

"RedLine" wrote in message ...
thinking of picking up a pair (either 600's or 1000's) series ...

can anyone comment on how these hold up over time? i was not particularly
impressed with their top-end response - a little 'muted' - otherwise quite
impressive.

also any recommendations for retailers?

thanks very much....

Red

A review of the Monsoon FPF1000 can be found at:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/monsoonfpf1000_e.html
Kalman Rubinson

On 30 Jun 2003 22:53:01 GMT, "RedLine" wrote:

thanks, but I don't think I'll be subscribing simply to read one review. i
was hoping to hear from everyday users who might have some experience with
them.

If your email address would have worked, a copy of the review would
already be there.

Kal

Kalman Rubinson

On 1 Jul 2003 17:04:50 GMT, Kalman Rubinson wrote:

On 1 Jul 2003 15:19:28 GMT, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

"RedLine" wrote in message

thinking of picking up a pair (either 600's or 1000's) series ...

can anyone comment on how these hold up over time?

There was a problem with the hand-held volume control in early 1000's, which
Monsoon solved by replacing it.

Hand-held volume control? For the FPF-1000?

As someone has enlightened me, we may be speaking of different
speakers. The MM-1000 is a powered PC speaker which probably has a
volume control. I was speaking of the FPF-1000 which is a larger
planar for use with standard amplifiers.

Kal
Arny Krueger

"RedLine" wrote in message

thinking of picking up a pair (either 600's or 1000's) series ...

can anyone comment on how these hold up over time?

There was a problem with the hand-held volume control in early
1000's, which Monsoon solved by replacing it.

Hand-held volume control? For the FPF-1000?

As someone has enlightened me, we may be speaking of different
speakers. The MM-1000 is a powered PC speaker which probably has a
volume control. I was speaking of the FPF-1000 which is a larger
planar for use with standard amplifiers.

Right. I would recommend the MM-1000's but I wouldn't recommend the
FPF-1000's.