Albatross

Default MP3 to CD conversion Algorithm, which is best?

Leaving all the argument of MP3 being a lossy format, and lower quality than
16bit 44.1 khz CD aside;
Which software has the best algorithm for converting back to 44.1kz 16 bit,
for burning to CD?

I'm assuming of course that there IS a difference between algorithms in CD
burning programs.
I've used WinOn CD & Nero, but also have CD burning capability with Wavelab
5 (I've not used it yet, as the interface to burn CD's is clumsy)
What are your thoughts, and why?

Cheers,
Ric

Joe Kesselman

Albatross wrote:
Which software has the best algorithm for converting back to 44.1kz 16 bit,
for burning to CD?

The difficult part is the decisions made during compression; I believe
expansion is standard. If so, any MP3 player should do the job.