Jim Gregory

Default The Opposite Of A 10db Pad - It's a 10dB Dap!

Chas,
Ah, a xformer! If it is not a 1:1 ratio (used merely for isolation), I hope
the *low* side of the given ratio of your device is used at the *mic* end
(ergo it steps up into channel i/p). So if it's about 1:3.2, can we rename
it a 10dB Dap?
But using this interface seems drastic and unnecessary.
Is the mic cell at adequate voltage and where is it located? Is battery
switchable off/on?
At the other end, I imagine the mini jackplug should be mono if your R-1
recorder has Mono pannable inputs, or dual mono (stereo plug with tip & ring
in parallel), if your recorder has Stereo inputs.
The knock's result remains to be seen or heard, or not.
Jim

Charles H. Riggs, III

"Jim Gregory" wrote in message
Chas,
Is the mic cell at adequate voltage and where is it located?

It's brand new, at adequate voltage, and, moreover, sounds fine when
connected to one of my DATs. Curiously, I've discovered that the level is
not that different, so I suspect the reason why I'm super-sensitive to the
level is because the R-1's preamp is noisier than the preamps on my portable
DAT recorder.

Cheers,

Charles

Arny Krueger

"Jim Gregory" wrote in message

Ah, a xformer! If it is not a 1:1 ratio (used merely for isolation),
I hope the *low* side of the given ratio of your device is used at
the *mic* end (ergo it steps up into channel i/p). So if it's about
1:3.2, can we rename it a 10dB Dap?

Those who want a high quality transformer of this kind, should check out

http://www.jensentransformers.com/datashts/11k8apc.pdf

A pair will run about $100.