Audio Ray

Default Need specs on Gefell/Neumann/RFT Capsules, Microphoneschematics and small DIY-solutions

We made a site providing specs on Neumann/Gefell capsules.
Also rare microphoneschematics can be found here(requestable throught mail).
And tips on small repairs......
Reribboning your mikes......
Share tips with other users......
Sell/Trade/Ask tubes as for example AC-701(k) and VF-14.....
Sell/Trade/Ask tubegear in our forum......

Let me know your comments, tips and contributions.....

http://www15.brinkster.com/audioray/

Cheers
Peter Andersson

Let me know your comments, tips and contributions.....

I find the pop up windows annoying, especially the one that asks if
one have bookmarked the page when one leaves. If I had bookmarked it I
would have removed the bookmark at that point.

Peter
David Satz

Audio Ray wrote:

Let me know your comments, tips and contributions.....

http://www15.brinkster.com/audioray/

I agree strongly with Peter Andersson's comments. The pop-up windows are
a nuisance, and the one on exit (about bookmarking) is truly offensive.
And most of your "content" is merely a collection of pages from other
well-known Web sites, which you bring up in a frame.

You seem to be concerned primarily with keeping the user on your site
whether the user prefers that or not. This makes people uncomfortable,
because all you are doing is to interfere with their normal browsing.
Generally it is better to offer a simple hypertext link to a page or
document that you consider interesting. Then the user can download the
document or open it in a window--even if that means leaving your site.

As an example, you have a pop-up window which mentions some tubes used in
some classic condenser microphones. It contains a link for viewing a PDF
of Telefunken's data sheet on the AC 701. But then this document comes
up in a tiny window which you create and which cannot be resized by the
user, so it is nearly impossible to read anything.

The small amount of original material which I could find on your site
was either out of date (e.g. instructions on setting up a Windows computer
to be a hard disk recorder--which, by the way, is also very hard to read
because of its centered text alignment) or incorrect (e.g. the Neumann
U 87 does not have an AC 701 tube or indeed any other tube--maybe you
were thinking of the M 269?).

I am sorry to say this because I imagine that you put a lot of work into
making your Web site--but I can't see any real purpose to it, other than
for you to have a Web site on this topic.
Bob Cain

Peter Andersson wrote:

Let me know your comments, tips and contributions.....

I find the pop up windows annoying, especially the one that asks if
one have bookmarked the page when one leaves. If I had bookmarked it I
would have removed the bookmark at that point.

My news server starts this thread with a and I'm
wondering if someone could repost what is being referred to
here.

Thanks,

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Audio Ray

Thanks guys on the feedback. The pop-ups will be removed asap.
Because this is my first site *ever* I got a little dragged away.

It's true that I have a lot of links, but that's merely to have
a kind of starting point for people who don't know how to use an
indexer/searchengine. I'm still working on my little article on repairs,
and for wiring, grounding.....but I haven't got all the time of the world.
So it will take some time.

I was curious on some feedback......verry appreciated you spent a
little time on me. TNX :-)

If you have some contributions/tips/shares please put them on the forum

BTW The fact about the U87 was indeed a mistake. Sorry

Regards,
Ray

David Satz

Bob Cain wrote:

My news server starts this thread with a and I'm wondering
if someone could repost what is being referred to here.

Hi, Bob. When this happens, take a look at the "Newsgroups" line and see
whether the message thread is cross-posted to more than one newsgroup.
If so, your NNTP server may present the same thread under one instance of
the header for each newsgroup in which any replies have occurred--so you
may be able to see the first message elsewhere in the same day's listings.

That's how it seems to work when I access rec.audio.pro via Google.

--best regards