Posted to rec.audio.tech
Peter1955 Peter1955 is offline

Default m/s stereo

I'm using a shotgun-microphone on my amateur videocamera. I want to
add a small microphone with a figure-8 pattern in order to get some
stereo site-effect (m/s). I've a small stereo-mic in stock. Is it
possible to change this mic to a configuration with a figure-8
pattern?

Peter
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Peter1955" wrote ...
I'm using a shotgun-microphone on my amateur videocamera. I want to
add a small microphone with a figure-8 pattern in order to get some
stereo site-effect (m/s). I've a small stereo-mic in stock. Is it
possible to change this mic to a configuration with a figure-8
pattern?

Maybe. If you told us what your M/S mic is (make, model)
someone might be able to give you a better answer.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Soundhaspriority" wrote ...
There are no low cost stand alone figure 8 mikes. Some low cost stereo
microphones do have two back-to-back capsules for the "S" signal, but
you'll have to do microsurgery on a consumer product that was never
intended to be opened or modified.

But some of us love doing exactly that! :-)
It is a whole sub-culture. There are even
websites devoted to it ("Hack-a-Day", et.al)

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Nov 25, 6:59 pm, "soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

... "Soundhaspriority" wrote ...
There are no low cost stand alone figure 8 mikes. Some low cost stereo
microphones do have two back-to-back capsules for the "S" signal, but
you'll have to do microsurgery on a consumer product that was never
intended to be opened or modified.

But some of us love doing exactly that! :-)
It is a whole sub-culture. There are even
websites devoted to it ("Hack-a-Day", et.al)

Oh, sure. But Peter seems more like a casual drop-in. Otherwise, he'd
probably be asking us where he could get a replacement Panasonic capsule for
the one he crushed in his pliers

Look what I just found:http://www.mp3forkidz.com/mic/

Bob Morein
(310) 237-6511

Thanks for your tips; and by the way, do yoy know a place where I cann
buy the capsules.

P.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Peter1955" wrote ...