Posted to rec.audio.car
mike

Default How many watts can I run off of my alt.

I have a 132 amp alt.(bosch) and im getting an optima yellow top
battery... what is the maximum amount of amplifiers i can run with no
problem (keeping in mind i will have a cap for them).

Posted to rec.audio.car
Cyrus

In article .com,
"mike" wrote:

I have a 132 amp alt.(bosch) and im getting an optima yellow top
battery... what is the maximum amount of amplifiers i can run with no
problem (keeping in mind i will have a cap for them).

Depends on the current draw of your vehicle and the type of amp(s)
you're planning on getting.

--
-Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*
Posted to rec.audio.car
mike

amps would be 1600 watt power acoustik's and i dont know what the
current draw from my car is
Cyrus wrote:
In article .com,
"mike" wrote:

I have a 132 amp alt.(bosch) and im getting an optima yellow top
battery... what is the maximum amount of amplifiers i can run with no
problem (keeping in mind i will have a cap for them).

Depends on the current draw of your vehicle and the type of amp(s)
you're planning on getting.

--
-Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

"mike" wrote in message
oups.com...
amps would be 1600 watt power acoustik's and i dont know what the
current draw from my car is

You should be fine, be as Cyrus already pointed out there are a BUNCH of
variables here. It also depends on what kind of music you will be listening
to. If you plan to compete in SPL competitions and plan on playing nothing
but 60 Hz test tones, well, you will likely need more current. If you
listen to nothing but Jazz and classical, NO PROBLEM. It really boils down
to bass and how loud you like your bass. This is nearly as important as the
wattage of your amps. Again, you should be fine as long as you are not
planning on blasting bass all the time.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

theres no answer to your question. but i'd go 60amp max. see how your
car handles that at med volume.then louder.
if everythings ok.. try 85a if you like.later.
if its not ok. just keep your volume lower you'll be fine.plus you'll be
able to handle more power the faster you are driving.
really the way i do it is nothing over 80% of my total alt producers in
amps.
as used by my amps+stereo.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Cyrus

In article keLng.95614$iF6.52882@pd7tw2no, "BigBob" wrote:

Usual ****ing gibberish from Bob!

Killfile him, it makes your rec.audio.car experience much easier.

The only way I know he still exists is when a post of his is replied to.

--
-Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

bob i said no1 can answer is depends on too many unknown
factors.different in each car with different batterys.etc. how each alt.
proforms.etc. speed driven + use ac. etc.
plus 9-10 other things.....