Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Default A reasonable argument against double blind tests?

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 12:14:58 -0700, "ScottW"
wrote:

Just make sure your personal standard of behavior for yourself

Tautology! Personal is for yourself.

(Just thought you'd like to know that. :-))

or your expectation of others (excluding Arny) are not
deviated due to his presence.

Deviated? I thought only septums were deviated.

True, rectums are deviant.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
JBorg, Jr.

"jeffc" wrote
"j." jason.burrows wrote

I would also think that it takes some time to get used to the sound of
a system anyway, and I doubt DBTs are long enough to allow for that
(also because of cost). ...but that's another argument and I'm sure
I'm going to catch enough flak for this one already

It's not "another" argument, it's THE argument, just that no one gets it.
DBT *is* the way to go, just not the way most people think of doing it. You
*should* be able to live with your equipment and listen to music over a long
period of time in the privacy of your own home, and at the same time it
should be one long DBT. Such a thing isn't impossible, just exremely
inconvenient. But it can easily be approximated with willing participants.
It really doesn't have to be double blind, only single blind, with
participants who are really willing to get at the truth. It would be
extremely easy to hide a couple amplifiers away somewhere you can't see
them, and have a partner switch (or not switch) them over the course of a
couple months. You could do the same with a CD player, but you'd need a
very active partner (like a slave or butler). With speakers, it would be
much more problematic.

jeffc said:

" DBT *is* the way to go, just not the way most people think of doing it. You
*should* be able to live with your equipment and listen to music over a
long
period of time ..."

"... at the same time it should be one long DBT. Such a thing isn't
impossible, just exremely inconvenient."

"... and have a partner switch (or not switch) them over the course of a
couple months. "

Not only would this couple of month worth of switching and twitching exremely
inconvenient, it is also bordering on lunacy.

DBT requires that you set aside your personal preference and biases.
How would you both suppose to prevent these after acouple of month's worth
of faithful listening (and then switch n twitch in between) among components
under test and then reliably id aural diff at the flick of the switch while
ensuring that both your biases and preferences wouldn't interfere with the
ability to select the difference having attentively listened to both unit for
two
month?

Let's assume that after a couple of month, you both were able to reliably
determine sound differences, how did you ensure that personal biases
didn't come into play having thoroughly listened to both unit for two
months?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
JBorg, Jr.

Harry Lavo wrote

snip

Accordingly, without definitive research the camps break down into stubborn
religiosity:

* the ABX camp holds that since ABX is a proven research tool for
audiometric research, it automatically becomes "the truth" and can be used
in anything audio...including the evaluation of equipment designed to
produce lifelike replication of music in the home, by untrained listener,
and open-ended evaluation (e.g. not knowing what they are listening for).

* the anti-ABX camp holds that the test itself interferes with the variable
under test, ie how a person hears/perceives/responds to music, and the
normal rise to consciousness of musical artifacts, and thus is an incorrect
instrument for equipment evaluation purposes.

What would be an specific opinion with regards to a "sacrosanct"
view that anti-ABX camp holds above ? That is, about those anti-ABX
audiophiles "themselves" who, accordingly, held such religious view
about ABX.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo

"JBorg, Jr." wrote in message
.net...

[...]

I don't understand your comment/question. Perhaps I'm just dense, but can
you try to restate it for me?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
JBorg, Jr.

Harry Lavo wrote
JBorg, Jr. wrote
[...]

Yes of course, I regret to cause any misunderstanding. I'm just wondering
why it is considered to be a stubborn religiosity for anti-ABX audiophiles
*to hold* such view regarding ABX.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Sylvan Morein, DDS

Default A reasonable argument against double blind tests? MY STALKERSON ROBERT MOREIN ATTACKS NEW VICTIMS

"j." wrote:
were you refering to my posts being a forgery by him, or did I
misinterpret that? I don't actually know who that is, and I suppose
that there's no way for me to convince you that I'm not him ...but I'm
not, I'm me!

Mr. Burrows,

Sorry you're now being targeted by my mentally ill son, Robert. He's been
attacking and intimidating people using his computer since he was kicked out
of Drexel University, and lost his lawsuit against them. Robert is my
bitter, unemployed, 53 year old son who, thanks to the good people on this
chat board has finally left my home, at least temporarily. Due to all the
information on the neighborhood bulletin boards, exposing his life as an
internet stalker and mentally ill person, he's left Pennsylvania for Texas
where he doesn't think his bad reputation will follow. I was worried about
my reputation in the area, however have discovered how kind people have been
who have had run-ins with my son over the many years we've lived here.

Here's some further information about your stalker, so that you can defend
yourself from his coming vicious attacks.

Sylvan Morein, DDS

Bob Morein History
--
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/l...ws/4853918.htm

Doctoral student takes intellectual property case to Supreme Court
By L. STUART DITZEN
Philadelphia Inquirer

PHILADELPHIA -Even the professors who dismissed him from a doctoral program
at Drexel University agreed that Robert Morein was uncommonly smart.

They apparently didn't realize that he was uncommonly stubborn too - so much
so that he would mount a court fight all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court
to challenge his dismissal.

The Supremes have already rejected this appeal, btw.

"It's a personality trait I have - I'm a tenacious guy," said Morein, a
pleasantly eccentric man regarded by friends as an inventive genius. "And we
do come to a larger issue here."

An "inventive genius" that has never invented anything. And hardly
"pleasantly" eccentric.

A five-year legal battle between this unusual ex-student and one of
Philadelphia's premier educational institutions has gone largely unnoticed
by the media and the public.

Because no one gives a **** about a 50 year old loser.

But it has been the subject of much attention in academia.

Drexel says it dismissed Morein in 1995 because he failed, after eight
years, to complete a thesis required for a doctorate in electrical and
computer engineering.

Not to mention the 12 years it took him to get thru high school!
BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Morein, 50, of Dresher, Pa., contends that he was dismissed only after his
thesis adviser "appropriated" an innovative idea Morein had developed in a
rarefied area of thought called "estimation theory" and arranged to have it
patented.

A contention rejected by three courts. From a 50 YEAR OLD that has
done NOTHING PRODUCTIVE with his life.

In February 2000, Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Esther R. Sylvester
ruled that Morein's adviser indeed had taken his idea.

An idea that was worth nothing, because it didn't work. Just like
Robert Morein, who has never worked a day in his life.

Sylvester held that Morein had been unjustly dismissed and she ordered
Drexel to reinstate him or refund his tuition.

Funnily enough, Drexel AGREED to reinstate Morein, who rejected the
offer because he knew he was and IS a failed loser. Spending daddy's
money to cover up his lack of productivity.

That brought roars of protest from the lions of academia. There is a long
tradition in America of noninterference by the courts in academic decisions.

Backed by every major university in Pennsylvania and organizations
representing thousands of others around the country, Drexel appealed to the
state Superior Court.

The appellate court, by a 2-1 vote, reversed Sylvester in June 2001 and
restored the status quo. Morein was, once again, out at Drexel. And the
time-honored axiom that courts ought to keep their noses out of academic
affairs was reasserted.

The state Supreme Court declined to review the case and, in an ordinary
litigation, that would have been the end of it.

But Morein, in a quixotic gesture that goes steeply against the odds, has
asked the highest court in the land to give him a hearing.

Daddy throws more money down the crapper.

His attorney, Faye Riva Cohen, said the Supreme Court appeal is important
even if it fails because it raises the issue of whether a university has a
right to lay claim to a student's ideas - or intellectual property - without
compensation.

"Any time you are in a Ph.D. program, you are a serf, you are a slave," said
Cohen. Morein "is concerned not only for himself. He feels that what
happened to him is pretty common."

It's called HIGHER EDUCATION, honey. The students aren't in charge,
the UNIVERSITY and PROFESSORS are.

Drexel's attorney, Neil J. Hamburg, called Morein's appeal - and his claim
that his idea was stolen - "preposterous."

"I will eat my shoe if the Supreme Court hears this case," declared Hamburg.
"We're not even going to file a response. He is a brilliant guy, but his
intelligence should be used for the advancement of society rather than
pursuing self-destructive litigation."

No **** sherlock.

The litigation began in 1997, when Morein sued Drexel claiming that a
committee of professors had dumped him after he accused his faculty adviser,
Paul Kalata, of appropriating his idea.

His concept was considered to have potential value for businesses in
minutely measuring the internal functions of machines, industrial processes
and electronic systems.

The field of "estimation theory" is one in which scientists attempt to
calculate what they cannot plainly observe, such as the inside workings of a
nuclear plant or a computer.

My estimation theory? There is NO brain at work inside the head of
Robert Morein, only sawdust.

Prior to Morein's dismissal, Drexel looked into his complaint against Kalata
and concluded that the associate professor had done nothing wrong. Kalata,
through a university lawyer, declined to comment.

At a nonjury trial before Sylvester in 1999, Morein testified that Kalata in
1990 had posed a technical problem for him to study for his thesis. It
related to estimation theory.

Kalata, who did not appear at the trial, said in a 1998 deposition that a
Cherry Hill company for which he was a paid consultant, K-Tron
International, had asked him to develop an alternate estimation method for
it. The company manufactures bulk material feeders and conveyors used in
industrial processes.

Morein testified that, after much study, he experienced "a flash of
inspiration" and came up with a novel mathematical concept to address the
problem Kalata had presented.

Without his knowledge, Morein said, Kalata shared the idea with K-Tron.

K-Tron then applied for a patent, listing Kalata and Morein as co-inventors.

Morein said he agreed "under duress" to the arrangement, but felt "locked
into a highly disadvantageous situation." As a result, he testified, he
became alienated from Kalata.

As events unfolded, Kalata signed over his interest in the patent to K-Tron.
The company never capitalized on the technology and eventually allowed the
patent to lapse. No one made any money from it.

Because it was bogus. Even Kalata was mortified that he was a victim
of this SCAMSTER, Robert Morein.

In 1991, Morein went to the head of Drexel's electrical engineering
department, accused Kalata of appropriating his intellectual property, and
asked for a new faculty adviser.

The staff at Drexel laughed wildly at the ignorance of Robert Morein.

He didn't get one. Instead, a committee of four professors, including
Kalata, was formed to oversee Morein's thesis work.

Four years later, the committee dismissed him, saying he had failed to
complete his thesis.

So Morein ****s up his first couple years, gets new faculty advisers
(a TEAM), and then ****s up again! Brilliant!

Morein claimed that the committee intentionally had undermined him.

Morein makes LOTS of claims that are nonsense. One look thru the
usenet proves it.

Judge Sylvester agreed. In her ruling, Sylvester wrote: "It is this court's
opinion that the defendants were motivated by bad faith and ill will."

So much for political machine judges.

The U.S. Supreme Court receives 7,000 appeals a year and agrees to hear only
about 100 of them.

Hamburg, Drexel's attorney, is betting the high court will reject Morein's
appeal out of hand because its focal point - concerning a student's right to
intellectual property - was not central to the litigation in the
Pennsylvania courts.

Morein said he understands it's a long shot, but he feels he must pursue it.

Failure. Look it up in Websters. You'll see a picture of Robert
Morein. The poster boy for SCAMMING LOSERS.

"I had to seek closure," he said.

Without a doctorate, he said, he has been unable to pursue a career he had
hoped would lead him into research on artificial intelligence.

Who better to tell us about "artificial intelligence".
BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As it is, Morein lives at home with his father and makes a modest income
from stock investments. He has written a film script that he is trying to
make into a movie. And in the basement of his father's home he is working on
an invention, an industrial pump so powerful it could cut steel with a
bulletlike stream of water.

FAILED STUDENT
FAILED MOVIE MAKER
FAILED SCREENWRITER
FAILED INVESTOR
FAILED DRIVER
FAILED SON
FAILED PARENTS
FAILED INVENTOR
FAILED PLAINTIFF
FAILED HOMOSEXUAL
FAILED HUMAN
FAILED
FAILED

But none of it is what he had imagined for himself.

"I don't really have a replacement career," Morein said. "It's a very
gnawing thing."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

F O A D

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"dizzy" wrote in message
Clyde Slick wrote:

"dizzy" wrote in message

Clyde Slick wrote:

wrote in message

Or you could just realize that to be anti-ABX is to be truly blind to
the facts.

No, we are well aware of the fact, the fact that you have never set up,
run, nor even participated in any such test, yourself.

Idiot.

evidently, you haven't, either.

Idiot.

Moron

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

dizzy wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Or you could just realize that to be anti-ABX is to be truly blind to
the facts.

No, we are well aware of the fact, the fact that you have never set up,
run, nor even participated in any such test, yourself.

Idiot.

Commendable brevity, Mr. Dizzy. No explanations, no arguments- just
judgement..
But whatever one's personal opinions about Mr. NYOB I must condemn the
language.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

dizzy wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Or you could just realize that to be anti-ABX is to be truly blind to
the facts.

No, we are well aware of the fact, the fact that you have never set up,
run, nor even participated in any such test, yourself.

Idiot.

I must amend my negative response to your post. Here is a quote from
Mr.NYOB
courteous reply to Harry Lavo's well-known addiction to gutter
language.
NYOB says (June 24 , 406 pm. in this thread): "Mumbo jumbo, gooey
gumbo. Horse**** rationizations".
You must be just reacting both to his Mr. Manners debating tactics and
to his long-standing problems with those big words he loves to use once
he
comes across them like "rationizations".
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro

This is some weird ****. I've seen it pop up a dozen times and I still
can't figure out what the hell this is all about. What is the purpose
of the character assassination or is this a totally fictional
character?

Somebody has expended a lot of energy on it.... though that seems
pretty neurotic/psychotic.

This have anything to do with sound?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"ScottW" wrote in message
news9Cng.22258$8q.11522@dukeread08
"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

That's a matter of perception, I think.
What I find petty is the endless political posts and -
discussions in an audio newsgroup.

Do you really think audio only content is sufficient to
sustain this group?

It used to be, and then came "Zip", "Derrida", "Middius" and a swarm of
other ignorant but brutal radical subjectivists.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Jenn" wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
Name-calling is the best you can do?

"The pre-requisite
lobotomy ensures that." Arny, exactly 1 min. before
posting the above.

Arny, I promise that this is the last time I'll post in
this way, other than when you personally attack me.

Since you take just about any comment as being a personal attack Jenn, that
gives you considerable lattitude with your attacks.

I'm trying to help, really.

Then wait until a worthwhile thought crossses your fevered little mind.

Based on the above, do you see
why people are critical of you here?

Like you then can dish it out even when they are not directly involved, but
they can't take return in kind or even 50% of kind.

The "persecution"
that you complain about is brought on by your "what's
good for the goose can be ignored by the gander" attitude
and actions.

What persecution?

Check google. Other than quotes of post by others such as yourself Jenn, the
last time I mentioned persecution, was in a post where I talked about *your*
persecution complex.

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person. Last week was one
of the happiest of my life. I got some good computer system orders and spent
every morning doing sound for the VBS at church. It was easily the best one
we have ever had.

I spent Saturday building a shed for Habitat with some very nice people.
Sunday morning I mixed and recorded the church service, mostly just
supervising a person that I have been training for several months.

I spent Sunday afternoon with the San Diego segment of my family who are
visiting, including my son with a PhD in cancer research, his lovely and
intelligent wife, and their two bright, growing and active sons. We closed
out the evening at a municipal fireworks show about a mile from here.

I think that you're probably a good person, but
you seem to have a blind spot in this area.

Not at all. I know exactly what kind of human excretia dominate this place.

Best wishes to you.

Unlikley, given all the negative posturing that you seem to like to inflict
on the world, Jenn. If your own house was in order you'd not be so
hypersensitive to what I post.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"JBorg, Jr." wrote in message
news
Yes of course, I regret to cause any misunderstanding. I'm just wondering
why it is considered to be a stubborn
religiosity for anti-ABX audiophiles *to hold* such view
regarding ABX.

It's self-evident from their posts. Instead of presenting well-reasoned
arguments they misrepresent the issues and become highly emotional when
challenged.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com

This is some weird ****.

Regrettably its pretty common on some of the Usenet audio groups.

I've seen it pop up a dozen
times and I still can't figure out what the hell this is
all about.

It is about a years-long vendetta.

What is the purpose of the character assassination

You've got it - the purpose is character assassination.

or is this a totally fictional character?

Sylvan Morien is AFAIK a real person, but the person who is posting this
trash is not he.

Somebody has expended a lot of energy on it.... though
that seems pretty neurotic/psychotic.

On both sides.

This have anything to do with sound?

Just the sound of two idiots clashing.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"ScottW" wrote in message
news9Cng.22258$8q.11522@dukeread08
"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

That's a matter of perception, I think.
What I find petty is the endless political posts and -
discussions in an audio newsgroup.

Do you really think audio only content is sufficient to
sustain this group?

It used to be, and then came "Zip", "Derrida", "Middius" and a swarm of
other ignorant but brutal radical subjectivists.

Those assholes did nothing but pollute this group
with radical subjectivist claptrap such as enjoying lstening to
reproduced music.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Slime-for-Brains is on the case!

Instead of presenting well-reasoned arguments they misrepresent the issues and become highly emotional when challenged.

When are you going to force duh-Mikey and dippyborg to undertake the
"testing" rituals for themselves? In fact, when was the last time Tommi N.
strapped you down for the S&M ritual yourself?

Oops! Borgtonite!

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default The Krooborg encounters "happiness"

Who knew the pathology ran this deep?

Last week was one
of the happiest of my life. I got some good computer system orders and spent
every morning doing sound for the VBS at church.

Notably, none of your "enemies" conspired to attack you while you were a
busy little 'borg. That includes your alleged family, who were no doubt
relieved to see you taking a break from your borganoia conspiracy theories
while occupired with busywork.

How was church yesterday? I'm guessing Rev. Matt's topic was the only one
that doesn't rattle your cage -- volunteering for the church itself. God
knows how nasty you are after sitting through one of his expositions on
lust or anger.

;-)

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Richard Crowley

emin9th wrote ...
This is some weird ****. I've seen it pop up a dozen times and I still
can't figure out what the hell this is all about. What is the purpose
of the character assassination or is this a totally fictional
character?

Replying to this garbage is called "feeding the troll"
and every time you reply, it just encourages them to
do it again. Ignore it and move on with your life.
It is the internet equivalent of littering the highway.
Do you stop and complain every time you see a
Macdonald's hamburger wrapper along the road?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast
[dot] net wrote in message

Who knew the pathology ran this deep?

Last week was one
of the happiest of my life. I got some good computer
system orders and spent every morning doing sound for
the VBS at church.

Notably, none of your "enemies" conspired to attack you
while you were a busy little 'borg.

I don't know if they conspired, but they definately attacked.

That includes your
alleged family, who were no doubt relieved to see you
taking a break from your borganoia conspiracy theories
while occupired with busywork.

You call it busywork, I call it fun. BTW Middus what did you do this
weekend?

How was church yesterday?

Answered once already.

I'm guessing Rev. Matt's topic
was the only one that doesn't rattle your cage --
volunteering for the church itself.

Wrong again.

God knows how nasty
you are after sitting through one of his expositions on
lust or anger.

Why would that be a problem, Middius?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Harry Lavo

"JBorg, Jr." wrote in message
news

[...]

Because *we* (I myself am in that camp) don't have scientific proof on our
side anymore than the ABX'rs do on theirs when it comes to the suitability
of ABX for open-ended evaluation of audio components. We have common sense
(how can widely spaced and disparate people come to characterize the "sound"
of a piece of gear very similarly, if such "sound" doesn't exists?), an
intuitive understanding that the confusion and fatique experienced under ABX
conditions are signs of something seriously wrong with what we are trying to
do, and a growing smattering of scientific evidence that the brains relation
to music is so complex and non-understood that we are willing to grant these
perceptions the benefit of the doubt. But we have not ever run a controlled
test to prove our beliefs. The reason is difficulty, complexity,
organization, time, money and facility. If you read the RAHE archives, you
will run across some very long posts of mine where I outline what such
definitive testing might look like.

On the other hand, the ABX camp has never run a controlled test to determine
how their test might "warp" perception, perhaps for the same reasons. So we
are a standstill.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

Just make sure your personal standard of behavior for yourself

Tautology! Personal is for yourself.

(Just thought you'd like to know that. :-))

or your expectation of others (excluding Arny) are not
deviated due to his presence.

Deviated? I thought only septums were deviated.

True, rectums are deviant.

Yours may be. Mine walks the straight and narrow.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:31:25 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same thing to you,
about you?

Is it that we're all mistaken about you in exactly the same way? And
if so, what are the odds on that? Please provide a figure for my peace
of mind. Then provide a piece of your mind for examination.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

wrote:

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same
thing to you, about you?

That is a false claim.

Since everyone does not say the same thing to me, about me Paul; your
question is irrelevant.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Because *we* (I myself am in that camp) don't have
scientific proof on our side anymore than the ABX'rs do
on theirs when it comes to the suitability of ABX for
open-ended evaluation of audio components.

Worse than that Harry, you have considerable scientific proof that runs
against you. Sighted evaluations are prone to worlds of difficulties that
only dreamers and those with religious beliefs could possibly ignore.

We have common sense (how can widely spaced and disparate people
come to characterize the "sound" of a piece of gear very
similarly, if such "sound" doesn't exists?),

False premise - a significant number of widely spaced and disparate people
*don't* characterize the sound of a piece of gear very similarly, aside from
the fact that the published characterizations of the sound of equipment
tends to be limited and repetitive.

an intuitive
understanding that the confusion and fatique experienced
under ABX conditions are signs of something seriously
wrong with what we are trying to do,

False premise - a statistically significant percentage of music lovers are
*not* confused and fatigued by ABX tests.

and a growing
smattering of scientific evidence that the brains
relation to music is so complex and non-understood

Red herring - the complexity of music obviously affects any valid listening
test paradigm in a similar fashion.

that
On the other hand, the ABX camp has never run a
controlled test to determine how their test might "warp"
perception, perhaps for the same reasons. So we are a
standstill.

Not true. We've done zillions of ABX and other bias-controlled lsitening
tests that have shown zero evidence of warped perceptions.

The biggest problem that golden ears have with bias-controlled tests is that
they are prone to not validate a tiny noisy minority's cherished beliefs.

If you have an invalid standard for testing such as sighted evaluations,
your conclusions are likely to be invalid. It is as simple as that.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Batten down the hatches! Secure all portals! Arm the pea-shooters and
ready the spitball battalion! ALL UNITS TO BATTLE STATIONS!!

Notably, none of your "enemies" conspired to attack you
while you were a busy little 'borg.

I don't know if they conspired, but they definately attacked.

My God, Arnii! What happened? Were you injured? Did they take any
prisoners? How many lies were launched at you?

I hope this wasn't a serious attack. What with fighting your "debating
trade" battles 24/7, you must be completely worn down.

How was church yesterday?

Answered once already.

No you did not. You are *such* a liar, Arnii.

God knows how nasty
you are after sitting through one of his expositions on
lust or anger.

Why would that be a problem, Middius?

Well, for starters, because you are perpetually angry and you continually
battle your forbidden lusts. Beyond that, your problems are known
publicly, so anytime Rev. Matt launches a sermon about them, all eyes dart
your way and all the other hypocrites laugh silently at your discomfiture.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message
ups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your thoughts. No comment, as I'm perfectly willing to let
my post above, along with your response to it, stand as is.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default Happy, happy, happy

paul packer said to SlimeBorg:

I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same thing to you,
about you?

Silly question, paul. Arnii doesn't need to wonder about that because he
knows the answer.

Is it that we're all mistaken about you in exactly the same way? And
if so, what are the odds on that? Please provide a figure for my peace
of mind. Then provide a piece of your mind for examination.

Arnii has "prooved" that every other Usenet poster is a "liar". And as you
know, he uses my posts as an excuse to attack Jenn, just as he uses dave
weil's posts as an excuse to attack you.

I suggest you try factoring in Kroologic whenever you ask Arnii a "why"
question. It will help you decode what always seems like paranoid ravings.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Arny Krueger wrote:
"paul packer" wrote in message

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same
thing to you, about you?

That is a false claim.

Since everyone does not say the same thing to me, about me Paul; your
question is irrelevant.

Arny is right in this case. Look at all the people that back him.
There's nob, and... nob... and, er ah...

But that one exception *proves* that he's correct.

From what I've seen in the archives, the ones who are really expert at

audio, the ones with real-world chops (as opposed to, say, people like
Arny) may agree with him on some small technical point or another, but
they all seem pretty disgusted with his deranged behavior.

The point? Yes, Paul, it is everybody else that is wrong. Arny is a
saint.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote:

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same thing to you,
about you?

Is it that we're all mistaken about you in exactly the same way? And
if so, what are the odds on that? Please provide a figure for my peace
of mind. Then provide a piece of your mind for examination.

We are all tools of Middius. We are One. We are assimilated.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Clyde Slick

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
emin9th wrote ...
This is some weird ****. I've seen it pop up a dozen times and I still
can't figure out what the hell this is all about. What is the purpose
of the character assassination or is this a totally fictional
character?

Replying to this garbage is called "feeding the troll"
and every time you reply, it just encourages them to
do it again. Ignore it and move on with your life.
It is the internet equivalent of littering the highway.
Do you stop and complain every time you see a
Macdonald's hamburger wrapper along the road?

Yes
I look to see if there are any burger bites left.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

wrote:

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same thing to you,
about you?

Is it that we're all mistaken about you in exactly the same way? And
if so, what are the odds on that? Please provide a figure for my peace
of mind. Then provide a piece of your mind for examination.

We are all tools of Middius. We are One. We are assimilated.

Resistance is futile. You know, I keep thinking of Nixon's enemies
list.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
dizzy

Richard Crowley wrote:

Do you stop and complain every time you see a
Macdonald's hamburger wrapper along the road?

I do a double-blind test to make sure it's really there.

Often, I find it was just my imagination!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

We are all tools of Middius. We are One. We are assimilated.

I regret to inform you that you have been de-tooled. Get lost.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Default The Krooborg's danse macabre

Jenn said:

You know, I keep thinking of Nixon's enemies list.

Arnii secretly wishes he were the Godfather, directing cutthroat soldiers
against his "enemies".

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Jenn" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same thing to you,
about you?

Is it that we're all mistaken about you in exactly the same way? And
if so, what are the odds on that? Please provide a figure for my peace
of mind. Then provide a piece of your mind for examination.

We are all tools of Middius. We are One. We are assimilated.

Resistance is futile. You know, I keep thinking of Nixon's enemies
list.

Definitely, they were all tools of John Kenneth Galbreath

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Jenn said:

You know, I keep thinking of Nixon's enemies list.

Arnii secretly wishes he were the Godfather, directing cutthroat soldiers
against his "enemies".

Maybe its time he made Dave Weil another offer he can't refuse.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same
thing to you, about you?

That is a false claim.

Since everyone does not say the same thing to me, about me Paul; your
question is irrelevant.

My question is not as irrelevant as your sentence is poorly
punctuated. In any case on this NG they do indeed say the same things,
except a couple who appear to be your supporters who discreetly say
nothing about your Usenet behaviour. And please punctuate your reply
correctly.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

Please, for your own happiness, consider this.

Stop externalizing Jenn. I'm really quite a happy person.

Arnie, do you ever wonder why everyone says the same thing to you,
about you?

Is it that we're all mistaken about you in exactly the same way? And
if so, what are the odds on that? Please provide a figure for my peace
of mind. Then provide a piece of your mind for examination.

We are all tools of Middius.

I've been a tool all my life. :-)

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Any blind listening tests on Class A vs Class B amps? Don Pearce Tech 18 October 28th 05 05:44 PM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM
science vs. pseudo-science ludovic mirabel High End Audio 91 October 3rd 03 09:56 PM