Posted to rec.audio.car
Rend

Default Land Rover DVD player in a 2003 discovery - mbus?

Hi

I'm trying to understand how the DVD player in a 2003 discovery
adventurer is wired.

The reason is that I purchased the disco from a Land Rover dealer and
they don't seam to be able to wire a new replacement DVD player in so
it works the same way. The new DVD player is not a Land Rover unit.
They tell me that I now have to set the radio to listen to the DVD
through the speakers and the sound quality is no longer as good. They
told me that the wiring diagram they have seen is done in this way on
other land rovers using a FM Modulator. I'm sure this is not the case
as on the original unit I selected CD and if the DVD was set to
external speakers you would hear the DVD, the CD multichanger could not

be controlled whist the DVD was in this mode.

Has any one got any ideas why they insist on using a FM modulator
instead of wiring up as it was? This is all being done under warranty
and I'd like to sort it out before it runs out.

Can anyone confirm the operation with there DVD?

I could do with a wiring diagram so I can give them a guide to put it
right. I assume there is some kind of enable signal for the CD
mutichanger. I've looked around and it appears to be mbus and there are

units that appear to interface to mbus. is this what i should get the
dealer to have done?

Thanks,
Andy