Posted to rec.audio.car
Ron

Default remove stock stereo from 1993 escort lx wagon

Hi,

Can anyone help me out, or point me to a site somewhere, where I can get
directions on removing the stock stereo from a 1993 ford escort lx wagon?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone help me out, or point me to a site somewhere, where I can get
directions on removing the stock stereo from a 1993 ford escort lx wagon?

Thanks in advance.

Is that the big oval radio with the a/c controls or the regular rectangle
unit

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma

"e-nigma" wrote in message
news

"Ron" wrote in message
Hi,

Can anyone help me out, or point me to a site somewhere, where I can get
directions on removing the stock stereo from a 1993 ford escort lx wagon?

Thanks in advance.

Is that the big oval radio with the a/c controls or the regular rectangle
unit

both unit remove about the same way.
you'll need a set of ford removal keys. most auto part stores have them. and
I've seen some at wal-mart.
If that vehicle has the big oval unit, then there is a A/C control that has
to be taken loose from the undash on the drivers side of the consol.
then the ford removal keys will unlock the radio from the dash.