Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Sony CDX-MP70

Good morning,

I have a Sony CDX-MP70 given to me by a neighbour.. It has a defect
with the screen and I cannot get the thing to produce sound. The screen
defect is apparently new, and basically results in the OEL changing
colours with no visible text (some is occasionally visible when the
screen flashes to blue)... I think it could be in some sort of demo
mode but I have tried resetting the unit to no avail. The unit will
make beeps and also makes the speakers do 'stuff' (no actual music or
anything but I don't know what I'm doing with the screen off). Does
anyone have any experience with these things or anything obvious that
could be looked at/repaired (I've cleaned the removable fascia
contacts)? I have been quoted 45£ to have the unit examined then there
would be the additional cost of parts... If there is a known
manufactuer fault, can I get Sony to pay for it (I have no proof of
warrenty)? - Maybe if it was just for any new parts required.

Sony Rootkits Mark D. Zacharias General 11 January 8th 06 02:42 AM
Sony Rootkits Mark D. Zacharias Tech 11 January 8th 06 02:42 AM
sony mp70 givin me trouble james w Car Audio 1 August 20th 03 04:29 AM