Radium

Default I like wow and flutter

Where can I find cassete recorders/players with the most amount of wow and flutter?

In rec.audio.marketplace Radium wrote:
Where can I find cassete recorders/players with the most amount of wow and flutter?

You need to look elsewhere if you want wow and flutter. High end cable
offers more than anyone needs.

CJT

Radium wrote:

Where can I find cassete recorders/players with the most amount of wow and flutter?

You can probably induce it by yourself by mechanical or electronic means.

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the

Dave Platt

Radium wrote:

Where can I find cassete recorders/players with the most amount of wow

and flutter?

You can probably induce it by yourself by mechanical or electronic means.

Sure. Rather than driving the motor with a steady source of DC, drive
it from the amplified-and-filtered output of a Soundblaster 16 FM
synth. It's the only way to get really high-quality wow and flutter.
Using a modern PCI card, or a sample-based wow and flutter inducer,
simply won't give good results.

#!/usr/bin/perl -e "print '!' x 100000;"

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You can probably induce it by yourself by mechanical or electronic means.

How?
Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You can probably induce it by yourself by mechanical or electronic means.

How?

Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You can probably induce it by yourself by mechanical or electronic means.

How?
CJT

Radium wrote:
CJT wrote in message ...

You can probably induce it by yourself by mechanical or electronic means.

How?

I would have thought that was fairly obvious. Consider the parts
critical to _avoiding_ wow and flutter.

For the mechanical, pick a part that has a periodicity approximating (or
which is a submultiple of) the effect you want, make it "out of round"
or otherwise askew, off balance, or in frictional contact with something
that will brake it at one or more (in the case of the submultiple)
places, and Bob's yer uncle.

For the electronic, modulate the drive motor. Depending on the sort of
motor the deck uses, that can mean modulating the voltage or frequency.

You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the
mirror image of what you see before the "@" symbol. It's a shame such
steps are necessary. ...Charlie

Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

Any way to do this w/out damaging the tape/tape deck?

Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

Any way to do this w/out damaging the tape/tape deck?
Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

Any way to do this w/out damaging the tape/tape deck?
Radium

Default Wow and Flutter [was I like wow and flutter]

CJT wrote in message ...
You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

Any way to do this w/out damaging the tape/tape deck?
Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

Any way to do this w/out damaging the tape/tape deck?
Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

Any way to do this w/out damaging the tape/tape deck?

CJT

Radium wrote:

CJT wrote in message ...

You could probably get something similar by messing with the tape path.

Any way to do this w/out damaging the tape/tape deck?

I dunno because I've never tried. I can imagine adding some sort of
"wobbler" to a cassette, though, if sufficiently motivated. Whether
such a thing would work (and how well) probably depends on the details
of the tape transport.

At some point it's probably easier to program up an effects processor.

--
After being targeted with gigabytes of trash by the "SWEN" worm, I have
concluded we must conceal our e-mail address. Our true address is the
mirror image of what you see before the "@" symbol. It's a shame such
steps are necessary. ...Charlie

Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
At some point it's probably easier to program up an effects processor.

Which software has the "wow and flutter" or something similar that I
can buy from a local computer store (e.g. CompUSA or Fry's, etc)?
Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
At some point it's probably easier to program up an effects processor.

Which software has the "wow and flutter" or something similar that I
can buy from a local computer store (e.g. CompUSA or Fry's, etc)?

Radium

CJT wrote in message ...
At some point it's probably easier to program up an effects processor.

Which software has the "wow and flutter" or something similar that I
can buy from a local computer store (e.g. CompUSA or Fry's, etc)?
Radium

Per Stromgren wrote in message . ..
Why do you want wow and flutter?

Just only like that.