grpcreach

Default Black Burst Toaster and Panasonic AGMX70

Someone please help if you can. Our production house just purchased
the Panasonic AGMX70 Video Mixer. We are using all analog sources for
live switching. We also purchased Video Toaster with the Breakout Box
(a little redundant in the set-up but we got a good deal).

We want to use our Panasonic for switching between live sources and
use the Toaster for all graphics and titling. We want to send our
everything to the Panasonic's DSK.

THE PROBLEM: When we do this, we are getting vertical and/or
horizontal scrolling of the image. I have heard that we just need to
sync these up. Can someone take me through the steps to purchase the
right equipment and get this taken care of?

Any help is greatly appreciated. You can use to
email me if you don't want to post. Thanks again!

Dan Betters
Glasgow Reformed Presbyterian Church
Scott Dorsey

grpcreach wrote:
Someone please help if you can. Our production house just purchased
the Panasonic AGMX70 Video Mixer. We are using all analog sources for
live switching. We also purchased Video Toaster with the Breakout Box
(a little redundant in the set-up but we got a good deal).

This isn't really the right place. This is a question for a video production
group, like rec.video.production.

We want to use our Panasonic for switching between live sources and
use the Toaster for all graphics and titling. We want to send our
everything to the Panasonic's DSK.

Sounds good.

THE PROBLEM: When we do this, we are getting vertical and/or
horizontal scrolling of the image. I have heard that we just need to
sync these up. Can someone take me through the steps to purchase the
right equipment and get this taken care of?

You need a synch generator and a synch distribution amp. You run cables
from the distribution amp to the synch input of all of the things in the
studio. All the cameras, all the VTRs, they all should lock to the same
amp.

You want all of the cable runs to be the same length too.

Any help is greatly appreciated. You can use to
email me if you don't want to post. Thanks again!

If you have a lot of sources, or if some of your sources are random synch
only, you might be better off with one of the semi-pro switchers which
have internal TBC.