Posted to rec.audio.tech
Larold Will Larold Will is offline

Default Replacement switch for a Yamaha pre-amp

I have a Yamaha Natural Sound series C-4 preamp with a bad input
selector switch. It's been cleaned twice but the connections are
still bad. I've heard that Yamaha no longer makes the replacement
part.

Here are my questions: how do I find the part number so I can try to
find an NOS replacement part? I been searching the internet trying to
find a serivce manual or parts list online, but nothing's come up.

Also, can anyone recommend a source for NOS parts?

Thanks very much for any help!

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:55:06 -0800, Larold Will
wrote:

I have a Yamaha Natural Sound series C-4 preamp with a bad input
selector switch. It's been cleaned twice but the connections are
still bad. I've heard that Yamaha no longer makes the replacement
part.

Yamaha service manuals of the era suffered greatly from
translation errors, but the input selector switch appears
to be SW123, Yamaha part number KA501260.

But before you get carried away, clean all switches and
controls with CaiLube MCL. The tiniest amount works
wonders on mechanical contacts.

Actually defective rotary switches, with their wiping
contacts, are pretty rare.

All good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck