Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default So-called high rez audio downloads debunked - again!

In article ,
August Karlstrom wrote:

That's interesting. So you mean that a budget amplifier like NAD C
316BEE will sound practically the same as a high-end design like
darTZeel CTH-8550 at moderate listening levels driving normal speakers?
Maybe I will consider downgrading my Creek Destiny to a NAD then.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/h...eo-Integrated-
Amplifier

http://www.dartzeel.com/index.php?op...16&Itemi d=32

August

For most people if it isn't stressed. However, I once connected a Dyna
Stereo 70 to a pair of Apogee speakers, just for fun, and blew it out.

There are people who have trained themselves to pick up very subtle
nuances in the sound, but frankly, I don't think they are in it for the
music. For somebody who used to listen to scratch 78s, modern systems
are pretty much universally wonderful.