Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] kolber.rachel@gmail.com is offline

Default changing turntable stylus/needle

hi!
so I recently purchased a crosley cr249 keepsake usb turntable.
it worked great until I accidently bumped it one day sending the arm
to the center of the record and damaging the needle.
so I ordered a new np4 stylus, but have no idea how to replace it.
am I supposed to take the little needle part out of the red plastic
part, or is the whole red plastic part supposed to come out of the arm
and get replaced that way.
I don't really want to mess around with it and end up breaking it
more.
any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote ...
so I recently purchased a crosley cr249 keepsake usb turntable.
it worked great until I accidently bumped it one day sending the arm
to the center of the record and damaging the needle.
so I ordered a new np4 stylus, but have no idea how to replace it.
am I supposed to take the little needle part out of the red plastic
part, or is the whole red plastic part supposed to come out of the arm
and get replaced that way.
I don't really want to mess around with it and end up breaking it
more.
any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any identification on the cartridge (make/model)?
Can you tell from the replacement stylus how it goes in?
Is part of the original broken off so that it doesn't look
like the replacement?