Posted to rec.audio.tech
campos campos is offline

Default Please recommend a microphone for SR purpose

Hi all,

I'm trying to do some research work in Speech Recognition. I just
notice that a good microphone is very important for the accurary rate.
It seems that USB headset with microphone is better. But it's too hard
for me to choose. Would you please recommend one for me? Price could
be $50 - $100. Thanks in advance!
Posted to rec.audio.tech

campos wrote:

I'm trying to do some research work in Speech Recognition. I just
notice that a good microphone is very important for the accurary rate.
It seems that USB headset with microphone is better. But it's too hard
for me to choose. Would you please recommend one for me? Price could
be $50 - $100. Thanks in advance!

This is a great example of a post that should have been cross-posted, with a
follow up to pointing at for instance this newsgroup since it has less
traffic and is close enough to the topic.

A SM58, like it or not, is often a useful microphone for (S)ound
(R)einforcement. If you wanna ask about speech recognition then write just
that in the subject header.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen