Posted to rec.audio.tech
xxxxxx xxxxxx is offline

Default thorens td 105 help needed

I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

I did locate a power supply for it.

the thorens is a TD 105

eztone at hotmail dot com

Posted to rec.audio.tech
xxxxxx xxxxxx is offline

Default thorens td 105 help needed other question

would kimberKable PJB
be ok to use here as the interconnect?
or other suggestions?

eztone at hotmal dot com
--

"xxxxxx" wrote in message

I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

I did locate a power supply for it.

the thorens is a TD 105

eztone at hotmail dot com

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson Kalman Rubinson is offline

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 19:25:06 -0600, "xxxxxx" wrote:

would kimberKable PJB
be ok to use here as the interconnect?
or other suggestions?

IIRC, PBJ is unshielded and not appropriate for phono leads.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

"xxxxxx" wrote in message

I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

I did locate a power supply for it.

the thorens is a TD 105

**Removed platter.
Locate the large, plastic screw thingy. It's white and about 15mm diameter.
Remove thingy.
Lift turntable chassis out CAREFULLY!

Trevor Wilson

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Chuck Chuck is offline

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 19:25:06 -0600, "xxxxxx" wrote:

would kimberKable PJB
be ok to use here as the interconnect?
or other suggestions?

eztone at hotmal dot com

PBJ isn't acceptable for this application. Any well shielded low
capacitance cable will work fine. Chuck

Posted to rec.audio.tech
xxxxxx xxxxxx is offline

ok i got the table open now whats involved in replacing the
leads?
I see the screws there under the arm. is this interconnect sodered?
or is it a din plug?

I have just never done this before to a turntable.
I use a sony lx350 right now and it has rca so I am using a good phono
interconnect there
i dont want to put that interconnect on the thorens. it is shielded bu it is
too stiff.

by the way the sony lx350 performs pretty good seems as good or better as my
Rega 2
(which i sold earlier in the year)

I still need suggestions for replacement interconnect
low capaticance shielded?
type suggestions?
price ranges?
sources?

--
eeztone at hotmail dot com

"xxxxxx" wrote in message

I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

I did locate a power supply for it.

the thorens is a TD 105

eztone at hotmail dot com

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:15:01 -0600, "xxxxxx" wrote:

ok i got the table open now whats involved in replacing the
leads?
I see the screws there under the arm. is this interconnect sodered?
or is it a din plug?

.................................................. ....
I still need suggestions for replacement interconnect
low capaticance shielded?
type suggestions?
price ranges?
sources?

IMHO, don't bother.

Kal

Posted to rec.audio.tech

xxxxxx wrote:

ok i got the table open now whats involved in replacing the
leads?
I see the screws there under the arm. is this interconnect sodered?
or is it a din plug?

I have just never done this before to a turntable.
I use a sony lx350 right now and it has rca so I am using a good phono
interconnect there
i dont want to put that interconnect on the thorens. it is shielded
bu it is too stiff.

Which SONIC problem do you want to solve.

by the way the sony lx350 performs pretty good seems as good or
better as my Rega 2
(which i sold earlier in the year)

I do not understand you choices, but I skipped googling to find your how
your other decks are superiour.

I still need suggestions for replacement interconnect
low capaticance shielded?
type suggestions?
price ranges?
sources?

You need to do nothing. We can talk wire sound and component sound in other
contexts, but you also need to know what to leave as it is because it works
as it is. Replacing tone arm wiring is not a good project for one who has a
problem taking the grammophone apart, leave it be.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"xxxxxx" wrote ...
I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

Why? Is there a problem you are trying to fix?

Chances are that there are a dozen other issues with
the turntable that are far more audible than the type
of signal wiring. You are asking about re-arranging
the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

Then you will have a very difficult time replacing the
signal wiring. Very strongly NOT RECOMENDED!

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"xxxxxx" wrote ...
would kimberKable PJB
be ok to use here as the interconnect?]

If you want to discuss magic cables, this is the wrong
newsgroup. Most people in r.a.t and r.a.p are practical
technical and artistic people who mostly don't believe
in such snake oil.

Note that most of the wiring in a turntable is an
extremely fine specialty cable that goes from the
pickup cartridge through the arm and to some
kind of termination where it is joined to a connector
or "flying leads" out of the turntable base. Kimber
doesn't make this kind of cable. Indeed few (if any?)
people make this kind of cable anymore.

or other suggestions?

You are tilting at windmills and wasting your money.

Note that there are other newsgroups where windmill
tilting and wasting money and magic cables (and
magic rocks, etc.) are discussed regularly. But not
here.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
xxxxxx xxxxxx is offline

the intercnnnect rca plugs
are old and corroded
i want to put a new set of leads on this table
I do not want to rewire the cartridge wire
down to the interconnect (connection)

i have taken the table apart
now I guess I will take off the screws for the interconnects
and the arm. I guess if i cannot do it next time i go to town
(3 hours okla city) maybe youngblood audio will help me

eztone At hotmail dot com

"xxxxxx" wrote in message

I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

I did locate a power supply for it.

the thorens is a TD 105

eztone at hotmail dot com

Posted to rec.audio.tech

xxxxxx wrote:

the intercnnnect rca plugs
are old and corroded

Replace those then, or simpler even: polish them! - fix what is broken, do
not fix what is not broken.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Chuck Chuck is offline

"xxxxxx" wrote in message

I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

I did locate a power supply for it.

the thorens is a TD 105

eztone at hotmail dot com

If Mr. Youngblood can't help you, I'm in Stillwater OK. and did
warranty service for Thorens for many years. Post your email address
and I'll contact you. Chuck
Posted to rec.audio.tech
xxxxxx xxxxxx is offline

eztone at hotmail dot com

--
Gage OK 73843

"xxxxxx" wrote in message

I am interested in replacing the phono connects
on this turntable.

I cant seen to figure out how the table comes apart?
can any one help me with this

I did locate a power supply for it.

the thorens is a TD 105

eztone at hotmail dot com

If Mr. Youngblood can't help you, I'm in Stillwater OK. and did
warranty service for Thorens for many years. Post your email address
and I'll contact you. Chuck

Thorens TD 105 [email protected] High End Audio 4 February 18th 05 12:32 AM
FA; THORENS 121 Tube296385 Marketplace 0 January 3rd 05 08:11 PM
Thorens TD 160 or NAD 533 Powell Audio Opinions 21 June 3rd 04 05:08 AM
FA: THORENS 124 Tube296385 Marketplace 0 September 19th 03 05:03 PM
WTB Thorens TD-125 tgolden Marketplace 0 July 8th 03 02:11 AM