Posted to rec.audio.tech
Brian

Default Does anyone have a Sony SA-WX700 Subwoofer ????? I have a question........

I just bought a Sony SA-WX700 Subwoofer. It seems to work good but theres something odd about it.
The bottom speaker fires into the cabinet. The back of the speaker and magnet hang down and are
covered by a black mesh bowl type cover, kinda like a spaghetti strainer....... Is this right or did
they put the speaker in upside down ?????? Their are no good pics on Sony's website..... Does
anyone have one of these subs ????? Is it like mine ????

Thanks
Brian.......
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

"Brian" wrote in message

I just bought a Sony SA-WX700 Subwoofer. It seems to work good but theres
something odd about it.
The bottom speaker fires into the cabinet. The back of the speaker and
magnet hang down and are
covered by a black mesh bowl type cover, kinda like a spaghetti
strainer....... Is this right or did
they put the speaker in upside down ?????? Their are no good pics on
Sony's website..... Does
anyone have one of these subs ????? Is it like mine ????

Thanks
Brian.......

It is correct - I checked the service manual. One woofer fires forward, the
other has the magnet hanging down as you describe.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Joe Kesselman

It is correct - I checked the service manual. One woofer fires forward, the
other has the magnet hanging down as you describe.

Remember, both sides of a speaker code radiate sound.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Joe Kesselman

Remember, both sides of a speaker cone radiate sound.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Brian

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:31:46 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
.. .

I just bought a Sony SA-WX700 Subwoofer. It seems to work good but theres
something odd about it.
The bottom speaker fires into the cabinet. The back of the speaker and
magnet hang down and are
covered by a black mesh bowl type cover, kinda like a spaghetti
strainer....... Is this right or did
they put the speaker in upside down ?????? Their are no good pics on
Sony's website..... Does
anyone have one of these subs ????? Is it like mine ????

Thanks
Brian.......

It is correct - I checked the service manual. One woofer fires forward, the
other has the magnet hanging down as you describe.

Mark Z.

Thanks Mark,

It just struck me as odd that they would aim the speaker into the cabinet without having a bass
port..... Kinda seems like a waste.........

Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert

Brian wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:31:46 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:

"Brian" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Didn't it strike you as odd that they would put the speaker in upside
down...then build a 'black mesh bowl cover' for it, and install that...

....accidentally?

jak

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Brian

"Brian" wrote in message

[...]

No, the speaker could face out and the basket would protect it like the grill protects the front
speaker......
walaa walaa is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark D. Zacharias View Post
"Brian" wrote in message

I just bought a Sony SA-WX700 Subwoofer. It seems to work good but theres
something odd about it.
The bottom speaker fires into the cabinet. The back of the speaker and
magnet hang down and are
covered by a black mesh bowl type cover, kinda like a spaghetti
strainer....... Is this right or did
they put the speaker in upside down ?????? Their are no good pics on
Sony's website..... Does
anyone have one of these subs ????? Is it like mine ????

Thanks
Brian.......

It is correct - I checked the service manual. One woofer fires forward, the
other has the magnet hanging down as you describe.

Mark Z.

Hello Mark, would you be able to share this service manual? I have a dead unit that I would like to give it a try to repair. my email is: thank you.

Note to Trevor Audio Opinions 9 November 7th 05 08:45 AM
Newbie Subwoofer questions OodlesoFun Tech 92 January 12th 04 05:51 PM
300W rms subwoofer on a Sony receiver Joseph Luner Tech 15 January 9th 04 10:37 PM
Question about Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer Sped General 1 January 4th 04 11:06 AM
Recording to Sony Desktop PC -- Newie Question EV World Editor Tech 6 December 24th 03 12:04 PM