robo

Default Sony Mini Disc

how can i get music onto a sony mini disc useing my p.c is it possable
to do drag and drop at the moment i have to play and record this takes
for ever
Mark D. Zacharias

My son has a later model Sony which will transfer data faster - it also has
an LP speed for twice the recording time. Don't know the max data transfer
rate, though.

Mark Z.

"Todd H." wrote in message
(robo) writes:

how can i get music onto a sony mini disc useing my p.c is it possable
to do drag and drop at the moment i have to play and record this takes
for ever

This is a known limitation of the MD format at present. You cannot
transfer this information to your computer digitally or any faster
than 1x.

If you want a recorder that can do what you seek faster investigate
teh Creative Nomad Jukebox, or equivalent. The NJB3 supports USB2
datarates.

I have a page on using the NJB for recording he
http://www.toddh.net/music/njb/

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/

Todd H.

"Mark D. Zacharias" writes:

My son has a later model Sony which will transfer data faster

Uploads or downloads?

There have been discussions in the minidisc newsgroups about deceptive
package labeling that makes people think you'll be able to digitally
xfer songs you've recorded with the MD recorder but you actually
can't. Unless there's something very new out there...I could be
wrong.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
X Promoting good netiquette | http://triplethreatband.com/
/ \ http://www.toddh.net/netiquette/ | "4 lines suffice."
Mark D. Zacharias

Yeah - I could be wrong, too. I think it uses a USB connection, though, if
that tells us anything.
I'm pretty sure he does download from the computer to the MD.

mz

"Todd H." wrote in message
"Mark D. Zacharias" writes:

My son has a later model Sony which will transfer data faster

Uploads or downloads?

There have been discussions in the minidisc newsgroups about deceptive
package labeling that makes people think you'll be able to digitally
xfer songs you've recorded with the MD recorder but you actually
can't. Unless there's something very new out there...I could be
wrong.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
X Promoting good netiquette | http://triplethreatband.com/
/ \ http://www.toddh.net/netiquette/ | "4 lines suffice."

Todd H.

"Mark D. Zacharias" writes:

Yeah - I could be wrong, too. I think it uses a USB connection, though, if
that tells us anything.
I'm pretty sure he does download from the computer to the MD.

That sounds normal. A USB connection from computer to put music on
the MD player is available on the NetMD players. However, it's the
other direction (music recorded on the MD uploaded to the computer)
that MD doesn't yet do.

For that functionality, one must look to hard drive based
recorders/players such a Creative Nomad Jukebox and Archos jukebox.

Best Regards,