smoove

Default this one might take some thought "crossover frequencys"

if my 10" sub is tuned to 18 - 60hz
my 2 8" midbass are 50 - 140
what should my 4 4" mids be?
and what should my 4 1" tweets be?

I need to set my crossover ranges

all speakers are fosgate and so are the amps

--

SMOOVE
91 GSXR 750, 96 Chevy C1500, and 94 Suburban

MZ

Hard to say. What's the slope on your midbass? 140 seems a bit low, even
for dedicated midbass drivers. The 4's will of course have to take up the
slack, and that's quite a bit of power content for a lil' 4 to handle. I
wouldn't go any lower than 200 Hz with those 4's, and even then that's
pushing it. Hell, my 4's are crossed over at just under 500Hz...

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, smoove wrote:

if my 10" sub is tuned to 18 - 60hz
my 2 8" midbass are 50 - 140
what should my 4 4" mids be?
and what should my 4 1" tweets be?

I need to set my crossover ranges

all speakers are fosgate and so are the amps

--

SMOOVE
91 GSXR 750, 96 Chevy C1500, and 94 Suburban
Hated By Many... Confronted By None!
Pain is weakness leaving the body!!!
"it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."
www.myhooptie.com

smoove

that's where I'm at
"MZ" wrote in message
and what are you tweets at?

Something like 4kHz I think.

"MZ" wrote in message
[...]

iksalama

"smoove" wrote in message
if my 10" sub is tuned to 18 - 60hz
my 2 8" midbass are 50 - 140
what should my 4 4" mids be?
and what should my 4 1" tweets be?

I need to set my crossover ranges

all speakers are fosgate and so are the amps

--

SMOOVE
91 GSXR 750, 96 Chevy C1500, and 94 Suburban
Hated By Many... Confronted By None!
Pain is weakness leaving the body!!!
"it's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."
www.myhooptie.com

If this were my setup it would be the following (assuming 12 dB/octave
x-overs throughout).

10"= 60hz and lower
8"=80hz to 250hz (maybe 60hz to 250hz...depending where you have them
mounted...in the front door, then yes 60Hz)
4"=275hz to 2.5 khz
1"=3 khz and higher

I personally like to give a little space in the x-over points so-as to avoid
spikes where the frequencies of the speakers overlap.