cld4342

Default Thoughts on Phoenix Gold Xenon X600.1?

I jut bought a brand new JL W7 10" and am looking for an amp to match it
with. I don't want the recommended JL 500/1 becuase it is only 500W and I
want to push the sub a little over that. The Phoenix Gold Xenon X600.1
looks like a great 600W Amp that is durable, powerful, and not too
expensive. I know someone who has one and they say it's great. Does
anyone know anything about these products?

Jethro

The 10W7 is a beast: http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/10w7.html ...it
will take 600 watts no problem.

Phoenix Gold makes good stuff, especially their amplifiers. The Xenon
would be a fine alternative to the 500/1... although it is only going
to make like .8 dB difference at full volume when compared to the 500/1
(you won't be able to hear the difference)... still, if it's cheaper,
go for it...

--
Jethro

old school SQ guy
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=219050

Scotty

"cld4342" wrote in message
lkaboutaudio.com...
I jut bought a brand new JL W7 10" and am looking for an amp to match it
with. I don't want the recommended JL 500/1 becuase it is only 500W and I
want to push the sub a little over that. The Phoenix Gold Xenon X600.1
looks like a great 600W Amp that is durable, powerful, and not too
expensive. I know someone who has one and they say it's great. Does
anyone know anything about these products?

I love the P'Gold amps, almost bullet proof. What 10' sub do you have that
can handle a 600WRMS pounding? If you going for that much power go a 12.

cld4342

My sub is a new JL W7 10". According to the tolerance graph, it can handle
up to around 800W before the danger zone. The optimum level is at 500W,
but I have a somewhat big car (Yukon) and was thinking I'd need alittle
more than 500W to fill the space sufficiently. Still think this is the
right amp?

Scotty

"cld4342" wrote in message
lkaboutaudio.com...
My sub is a new JL W7 10". According to the tolerance graph, it can
handle
up to around 800W before the danger zone. The optimum level is at 500W,
but I have a somewhat big car (Yukon) and was thinking I'd need alittle
more than 500W to fill the space sufficiently. Still think this is the
right amp?

Are the ratings of your sub RMS or peak? Huge difference.

cld4342

Its RMS.