mtx_is_the_best

gtfo with your spamming BS.

--
mtx_is_the_best
mtx_is_the_best's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=20704
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=210765

Nate

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:36:03 +0000, mtx_is_the_best
wrote:

gtfo with your spamming BS.

They'd have to be free for me to own one, they are one ****ty unit.
Get a Iriver instead.
Scott Gardner

wrote:

gtfo with your spamming BS.

They'd have to be free for me to own one, they are one ****ty unit.
Get a Iriver instead.

I have two iPods (20 GB 2nd-gen & 40 GB 3rd-gen), and love them. I
guess the iRiver has its fans too, though. What exactly is it that
you don't like about the iPod?

Scott
Scott Gardner

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 03:46:12 GMT, Jason Lynch wrote:

They don't like the name...

"apple" to be exact

wrote:

gtfo with your spamming BS.

They'd have to be free for me to own one, they are one ****ty unit.
Get a Iriver instead.

I have two iPods (20 GB 2nd-gen & 40 GB 3rd-gen), and love them. I
guess the iRiver has its fans too, though. What exactly is it that
you don't like about the iPod?

Scott

They don't like the name...

"apple" to be exact

I don't know who's worse - the Apple zealots or the anti-Apple
zealots. I looked up the iRiver, and it seems like a nice enough
player on paper, at least. The colour screen is a nice-to-have, but
wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. I wonder how many people use the
FM tuner. The whole reason I'm carrying around thousands of my songs
on a hard drive is so that I don't HAVE to listen to the radio.

I like the multiple recording options on the iRiver, but I have to
admit that I'd never use them. Before I got my iPods, I had a
Creative Labs Nomad 20GB Jukebox that had record capabilities, and I
never once recorded anything to it. Not once. I'm transferring a lot
of my old vinyl albums to the computer, but I have a dedicated stereo
rig in the computer room for that.

I haven't physically gotten my hands on an iRiver yet, so I can't
comment on build quality/look-and-feel/user interface issues. With
some other music players that have been released to compete with the
iPod, it seems like they're hell-bent on providing more capacity
and/or more features for less money, so something generally gets
sacrificed to make that possible. Sometimes the player feels cheap
and plasticky, or is oversized, or has a crappy interface.

Regardless, I'm glad there are more options out there - the
competition is good for everyone. Besides, the market's big enough to
support more than one or two music players.

Scott Gardner