9i800

Default power source for 12v in car LCD screen

Hi,

I was after some advice regarding powering an in car 8 inch 12 volt lcd
screen
I got a new dvd head unit but I have since found that by lcd screen has
a ciggarette lighter connection which does not work in my car.

The cig lighter connection has no power.. I tried the fuse but no good
so I suspect the wire is shot somewhere along the line or maybe a relay
?

anway I am getting rid of the car this year so I just need a quick fix
for
a holiday trip of 10 hours so some dvds are in order.

Does this sound ok.... patch the yellow memory cable over to the cig
lighter
and the black to the black and power both head unit and the lcd off the
same cable ??

thanks for any help here (complete newbie )

--
9i800
9i800's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=35136

Spike

hopefully someone else will be watching the dvd's during that 10 hours
trip... if it's you and you are driving, please let everyone know when
and where you will be on the road.

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 05:22:25 +0000, 9i800
wrote:

[...]

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16